“Delicious food, nice staff”
Review of 1863 Restaurant

1863 Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 135 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: 1863 Restaurant is a "family-friendly", unique, casual dining restaurant that offers a wide range of appetizers, steaks, salads, sandwiches and desserts plus a few playful twists on old classics. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menu favorites include: steaks, jumbo lump crab cake, specialty sandwiches and seasonal salads. Don't miss our daily lunch & dinner specials.
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Hostess was nice (Linda). We did get 2 different menus, 1 being limited. When we asked the girl pouring our water why we got 2 different menus, she just said that 1 was limited and walked away. Our waitress (Ashley) saw that my husband and I were switching menus with each other. She noticed that my husband had a limited menu, and she replaced it. (No big deal.) We ordered the crab cakes and pork chop. Both were delicious. My only complaint was that it took about an hour to get our food, and there was only about 4 other tables occupied. The waitress did come over to us about 4 times to say that our food was coming. If I knew it was going to take that long, I probably would have ordered a salad. The bread was delicious too. I would recommend this place if your looking for a nice dinner, and aren't rushing to go home.

1  Thank Dani2414
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for reviewing our 1863 Restaurant. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Dinner for 4 this past week. Waitress didn't know what a dirty martini was. Had to ask for bread. Butter basted prime rib was awesome. Unfortunately, I like a lot of au jus on my rib. I asked for more and I was given a side of what I think was a demi glace they must use on another dish. Cloyingly sweet sauce that ruined my rib. My fault for not tasting before I dumped it over the rib but it ruined the dinner. I scraped off what I could and moved the remaining rib piece to my bread plate to get it out of the puddle on my plate. Waitress never bothered to ask why. Empty martini glass never cleared. Ordered cabernet sauvignon was given pinot noir. Daughter ordered marinated shrimp without pistachios. Pistachios all over the shrimp when served. Shrimp nice size but very dry. Given check and told sign to room - server was going to go do room service. Close to $200 for dinner / tip / 3 cocktails and one dessert. Pretty steep for the quality of food and service.

2  Thank H T

Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am sorry to hear that your dining expectations did not live up to the experience we strive to provide for our guests. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and we will be sure to follow-up with your concerns. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you to dine with us again.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I only stay at the Wyndham Hotel in Gettysburg. I work as a Tour Director for Scenic Tours, and whenever I bring an Aussie group for dinner at this hotel, Linda makes them feel so welcome, and relaxed! She is a very kind person, and you can tell she is passionate about what she does! If you ever have the chance to eat here, make sure you ask her to sing! :) The entire team at this hotel goes above and beyond! Thanks Linda!

Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you always have an enjoyable meal and a pleasant dining experience with us. I will be sure to share your kind words with Linda and her Manager. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Loved the squash soup and crab small plate. Perfect lunch. White table cloths and very good service.

Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Our GPS couldn't find the address of the 1863 restaurant, we weren't aware that it was in the Wyndham hotel, but our perseverence in finding the restaurant was well worth it. The hostess was wonderful, informative and helpful. Our waitress was attentive and helped guide us through the menu with advice and recommendations. Our crab cake dinner and prime rib dinner were both delicious, unfortunately we were too full and unable to try any of their dessert selections. We recommend for an upscale dining experience.

Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am sorry to hear you had a difficult time locating us but glad that you had such a wonderful dining experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back for dessert!