“The food was delicious and the atmosphere was very pretty.”
Review of 1863 Restaurant

1863 Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: 1863 Restaurant is a "family-friendly", unique, casual dining restaurant that offers a wide range of appetizers, steaks, salads, sandwiches and desserts plus a few playful twists on old classics. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menu favorites include: steaks, jumbo lump crab cake, specialty sandwiches and seasonal salads. Don't miss our daily lunch & dinner specials.
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I has the prime rib and it was cooked perfectly. My husband enjoyed his pork chop and my daughter loved her burger. Josie checked on the types of beer. Linda was very welcoming when she made our reservation.

Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience and will be sure to share your kind words with Josie and Linda. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our 1863 Restaurant again soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We did not make a reservation and arrived shortly after a party of 30! Although we had to wait for 45 minutes Linda did everything she could to make us feel welcome while we waited. My husband never waits more than 15 minutes for anything so this in itself was a coup.
When we did get seated both Linda and our server Lauren went out of there way to be friendly and helpful. The Prime rib was to die for ...the servings were huge but it just melted in our mouths. Even though we did not get to finish our prime ribs we had a fabulous bread pudding to share Mmmmmm! Thank you to Linda, Lauren and the chef for making this a great experience!

1  Thank Rosalie S
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience. I will share your kind words with the 1863 associates. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The 1863 has an assured chef at the helm, no fancy flourishes, no elaborate arrangements, just excellent fresh food, cooked to perfection, prepared with confidence and perfectly, delicately seasoned. The restaurant is always calm and quiet, a rarity these days, and the service is impeccable without being intimidating. Linda welcomed us in an easy, relaxed manner and saw us to the table we requested. Brenda, our server, was clearly well-trained and highly observant. Food was brought, and plates removed in a timely, but unobtrusive manner. Fresh coffee was made, rather than use the already prepared but old coffee (she checked first to make sure we didn't mind the wait). all the small courtesies were observed so that our meal flowed easily. We are fortunate in being local because it means we get to go back whenever we want!

1  Thank Dorniead
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. I will share your kind words with Linda, Brenda and our 1863 staff. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to dine with us again.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

A little pricey but delicious food! Beautiful decor and friendly service! Nice and convenient place to eat when staying in the hotel.

1  Thank Laura S
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your dining experience in our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the decor, food and service. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to dine with us again soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great food and hospitality. Amanda our server and Linda our hostess were so pleasant and gave us great service as well as directions to various events. They made our dining feel like home. We would definitely seek out hotel and restuarant again when traveling.

1  Thank Godfrey J
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience. I will share you kind words with Linda and Amanda. They both enjoy their position, as you could tell. We look forward to welcoming you to our 1863 Restaurant again.