“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 1863 Restaurant

1863 Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 128 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 1863 Restaurant is a "family-friendly", unique, casual dining restaurant that offers a wide range of appetizers, steaks, salads, sandwiches and desserts plus a few playful twists on old classics. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menu favorites include: steaks, jumbo lump crab cake, specialty sandwiches and seasonal salads. Don't miss our daily lunch & dinner specials.
Toronto
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great food and hospitality. Amanda our server and Linda our hostess were so pleasant and gave us great service as well as directions to various events. They made our dining feel like home. We would definitely seek out hotel and restuarant again when traveling.

1 Thank Godfrey J
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience. I will share you kind words with Linda and Amanda. They both enjoy their position, as you could tell. We look forward to welcoming you to our 1863 Restaurant again.

Bethel Park, United States
“Amazing food, slow service, a bit pricey.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had lunch at this restaurant during my business trip. The food was absolutely amazing. The iced tea was fresh brewed and delicious. Lunch was excellent. I had the tuna steak sandwich and I've never had a sandwich so delicious. However, the service was slow and the lunch was quite pricey (approximate dinner prices for a small lunch). The atmosphere was excellent and professional as well.

1 Thank Lauren S
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant dining experience and the food was to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Chesterfield, NJ
“Excellent dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We visited Gettysburg, PA, recently for our third anniversary, and decided to have dinner at 1863. Knowing it was our anniversary, they brought us free champagne and a yummy appetizer. The service was excellent (Caitlin was our server), and the our meals were delicious. As it turns out, they were hosting an event in their restaurant that night, so seated us in an adjacent area which turned out to be cozier. The hostess, Linda, was very friendly and helpful regarding area attractions, and we had a lovely conversation with the manager of the restaurant. We would definitely go back!!

1 Thank Caroline B
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your dining experience in our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you chose 1863 to celebrate your anniversary and that we provided such a nice dining expereince for you. I will be sure to share your kind words with Caitlin, Linda and John. We look forward to having you dine with us again soon.
“Wonderful dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Lauren and Linda were wonderful, we had a great dinner the food was great. We would refer all to this place for a wonderful dinner.

1 Thank greatjubee
Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that we met your dining expectations and provided a nice dining experience for you. I will share your kind words wtih Linda and Lauren. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to dine with us again soon.
Malvern, Pa
“Pleasantly surprised, nicely decorated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We dined here Sunday, September 22nd.
Our friends ordered the hummus to start
We all had some. We eat quite a bit of hummus
and we agreed this was some of the best hummus we ever had
I ordered the vegetable risotto, the risotto was ok.
Our friend ordered the summer salad and he said he would order the
Salad again.

My husband and our friend both ordered the duck.
They ate every bite and said it had nice flavoring and would
Order the duck again.

I ordered the chicken gemelli very cheesy and lightly seasoned

We were all pleasantly surprised that Our meals were very good.

The bread is a little on the harder side and we prefer softer breads.
The fresh brewed tea is ok.

We would definitely dine here again in the future.

• Visited September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you had a nice dining experience and enjoyed the food as well. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our 1863 Restaurant again soon.