“Pleasantly surprised, nicely decorated”
Review of 1863 Restaurant

1863 Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 1863 Restaurant is a "family-friendly", unique, casual dining restaurant that offers a wide range of appetizers, steaks, salads, sandwiches and desserts plus a few playful twists on old classics. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menu favorites include: steaks, jumbo lump crab cake, specialty sandwiches and seasonal salads. Don't miss our daily lunch & dinner specials.
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We dined here Sunday, September 22nd.
Our friends ordered the hummus to start
We all had some. We eat quite a bit of hummus
and we agreed this was some of the best hummus we ever had
I ordered the vegetable risotto, the risotto was ok.
Our friend ordered the summer salad and he said he would order the
Salad again.

My husband and our friend both ordered the duck.
They ate every bite and said it had nice flavoring and would
Order the duck again.

I ordered the chicken gemelli very cheesy and lightly seasoned

We were all pleasantly surprised that Our meals were very good.

The bread is a little on the harder side and we prefer softer breads.
The fresh brewed tea is ok.

We would definitely dine here again in the future.

Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you had a nice dining experience and enjoyed the food as well. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our 1863 Restaurant again soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Convenient and good. There could be more people making omlettes as when the restaurant is full the omlette making gets backed up..who wants to wait 6 deep for eggs. But the selection was good, salmon and bagels, french toast, pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs, strawberries, blueberries, apples, oranges, muffins. The omlette selection was ham and cheese, maryland crab or western..so something for everyone. Good food.

Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience. I understand your concerns regarding the back at with the omelette station. I will follow-up with your concerns. We look forward to welcoming you back to our 1863 Restaurant.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was right in the hotel & it was nice to eat there before going sightseeing. We only ate breakfast here & it was delicious. A little pricy but I don't mind when the food is good. My daughter & husband had the crab & spinach omelette one day & they loved it. Great pancakes & coffee too.

Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at 1863 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed dining experience. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Enjoyed our meal so much the first night that we came back the next night. Linda, Caitlan and Amanda did an outstanding job providing service. We have visited Gettysburg numerous times and are thrilled to have found such a wonderful dining experience.

1  Thank M W

Thank you for taking the time to review our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your dining experience and the service was outstanding. I will share your kind words wtih Caitlin, Linda, and Amanda. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great food, excellent service, beautiful décor and furnishings. We wouldn't hesitate to eat there again.

Thank you for reviewing our 1863 Restaurant. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience as well as the decor. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.