“Not bad, not fantastic.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of 1863 Restaurant

1863 Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 128 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 1863 Restaurant is a "family-friendly", unique, casual dining restaurant that offers a wide range of appetizers, steaks, salads, sandwiches and desserts plus a few playful twists on old classics. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menu favorites include: steaks, jumbo lump crab cake, specialty sandwiches and seasonal salads. Don't miss our daily lunch & dinner specials.
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
“Not bad, not fantastic.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

The food I had was good, but rather greasy. While I didn't have a chance to try all the foods (the computer system was down - plus I can't eat all the foods at once!) the menu did look quite delicious. Prices certainly aren't cheap, but that's to be expected at a hotel restaurant.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ben S

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Staff and Food- Don't miss this one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had a wonderful experince at 1863. Starting with Linda our hostess to Joseph our server to Natasha the evening manager, the service was top notch. We were seated at a very private table for two. The staff were attentative, but not intrusive. Joe mentioned how much he loved his job and it shows. The restaurant is beautiful without being stuffy. The meal is one of the best I've had. I ordered the pork chop. It was over a corn salsa. The pork was perfectly cooked, and very moist. The brussel sprouts were amazing with bacon giving them a smokey flavor. My husband ordered a salad and flatbreads and thought they were amazing. We both had the creme brulee` cheesecake. The best we've had. Pricing is spot on considering the service and food. Take the time to dine in this amazing restaurant located inside the Wyndham Hotel. The hotel also has a wonderful bar with that old world feel. It reminds me of a turn of the century gentlemens club. Definitely 5 stars!

1 Thank Colleen S
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We really enjoyed our meal here. The restaurant was located right inside the hotel that we were staying in, so it was relaxing to come back to the hotel and then just go downstairs for dinner. We both had the duck with the risotto...I cannot say enough about how great it was and the presentation was beautiful as well! The staff was attentive, we had also eaten breakfast here a couple of mornings and it was very good as well.

Mystic, Connecticut
“enjoyed 1863”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had a pleasant dinner at the Wyndham Gettysburg without leaving the hotel! The 1863 Restaurant menu is small but still provided many good options for our tastes. I missed ordering a local wine as they were not on the initial wine list. They are listed on the back of the menu; my fault for not looking further. I had the Caesar salad and it was a LARGE salad with a great dressing including some white anchovies! I chose the Chicken Wild Mushroom Gemelli. It was truly delicious with an assortment of mushrooms, shallots and a very rich cream sauce with a hint of tarragon flavor. Very filling! ! My husband selected the slow roasted pork chop with pan jus. It came with brussel sprouts, baby carrots and a corn puree. We really appreciate it when the side dishes are treated with respect. The roasted halved brussel sprouts were enhanced with bacon lardons - very tasty - and the corn puree greatly enhanced the whole dish. Nicely done. Our server was friendly and professional - never intrusive - there when we needed him. We left full and impressed! Wish 1863 were a little closer to home!

Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Disapointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This restraunt is located in the Wyndham Hotel in Gettysburg, Pa. We were a group of 18 for dinner. I ordered a ribeye steak done medium. It came out medium rare as it did for others at the table that ordered the same thing. My wife ordered the Trout, and 3 or 4 others she said it was very bland and had to ask for lemon to put on it to give it some taste. The menue is very limited.
All in all not worth the price.

• Visited March 2013