“Delicious and lovely atmosphere”
Review of 1863 Restaurant

1863 Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 1863 Restaurant is a "family-friendly", unique, casual dining restaurant that offers a wide range of appetizers, steaks, salads, sandwiches and desserts plus a few playful twists on old classics. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menu favorites include: steaks, jumbo lump crab cake, specialty sandwiches and seasonal salads. Don't miss our daily lunch & dinner specials.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our family of four really enjoyed our dinner. The atmosphere is lovely. The staff was great. My daughter is too old for the kid's menu, but not yet big enough to eat a whole dinner from the main menu. The staff and the chef were kind enough to accommodate our request for a kid-sized steak. Our dinners were delicious-loved the duck (and the wine). Our server was great, and our hostess, Linda, was a delight. You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Colleen S

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I made a reseration for the Wyndham Gettysburg Hotel through GroupOn. A daily dining voucher for the 1863 Restaurant at the hotel was included. The restaurant presented an upscale feel and prices to match. The menu offered a wide variety of choices.. If we did not have the voucher - we would have chose another restaurant - the prices were not in our comfort zone (we like to stretch our travel dollars). HOWEVER thanks to the voucher we stayed. The service was EXCELLENT and the food was equally EXCELLENT. Through the course of our stay we enjoyed the soups, the burgers, fish and steak. So if your are looking for a great restaurant, with great service, with a great atmosphere, great food and you aren't price shy - put this restaurant on your "To Do" list when you are visiting Gettysburg, PA. If you go to the 1863 Restaurant, I hope you meet Linda, a hostess at the restaurant. She is a true delight.

1  Thank slim42
Reviewed February 25, 2013

A recent breakfast at 1863 restaurant certainly disproves the axiom that hotel restaurants serve mediocre breakfasts. The selections were varied and interesting. The omelets ordered by two in our party were excellent, and the eggs ordered by another were perfect. Don't miss the crab and spinach omelet. Our server was attentive without hovering and helped to make our experience even more enjoyable. Whether you're a local or a tourists, a visit to 1863 will be wonderful. The configuration of the restaurant makes it even better, with little nooks and areas that seem especially cozy.

1  Thank fairville
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The local wine is not as good as what you will find on the west coast, but the menu looked amazing. Unfortunately, in my party of 5 most people ordered the burger because it was such an expensive place. Their burgers were fair to good, but unremarkable. I wished I had ordered the burger as well. I ordered the red snapper after I was told the halibut was not worth it by the server. The red snapper came out crispy and way over-cooked. In retrospect, I should have sent it back and asked for something else. The cook at 1863 on the Monday night in January was amateur and incompetent. This was not a sub $30 plate of seafood, but something I would expect to get at an all you can eat diner where everything was frozen an hour prior. This dish really was that bad. The server was good, but if this is the best place to eat in Gettysburg, foodies will be disappointed.

4  Thank thegoodword
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Okay, so maybe it's a little pricey but the food was simply delicious. For dinner I had the wine pairing and the wines were all wonderful. My sister had the salmon salad and said it was really good.

We returned for breakfast and raved over the crab omelet and the healthy portion of sausage and potatoes. That breakfast was the only meal either of us had the whole day; now THAT's a breakfast!

3  Thank Dawn M