“Great Place for a Girl's Night Out!”

Thai Classic IV Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 135 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed November 12, 2010

The food is fantastic and a great value on a college student's budget. Service is great too. I especially love the photos on the walls of frequent guests. It adds a very personal touch to an already wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed August 19, 2010

We eat Thai food often and were very pleased with Thai Classic IV. The food was delicious, the service quick and attentive, the atmosphere pleasant but plain. My vegetable soup was spicy, and the Pad Phrik with vegetables and shrimp was spicier after I addedd crushed hot pepper. Just terrific. My wife had a Thai salad and crabmeat dumplings that were great. The kids were also very happy with their dinners, quite a feat.

We will deinitely go back to Thai IV.

Reviewed April 24, 2010

Since we enjoy Thai food, we tried this new restaurant on a recent trip to Gettysburg. We did enjoy the food, however there were a few things we feel should be corrected. We decided not to order anything to drink and just asked for water. The waiter brought us two bottles of water—we later found a $2 charge on our bill for them. A small thing but I think if there is to be charge for water we should be given the option of tap water. I ordered the duck curry and my husband ordered the crystal noodles with shrimp and chicken. While the sauce, pineapple and vegetables in my meal were delicious, most of the duck was tough. I found myself having to actually put about half the duck back onto the side of my plate after trying to chew it enough to swallow it safely. Fortunately my husband’s dish, also delicious, was plentiful and I ate a portion of his. Were it not for these problems I would have rated the restaurant higher.

Reviewed March 7, 2010

In the last month I've been here about six times. The food is wonderful! I particularly enjoy the coconut soup...tried with vegetables and a couple times with chicken. The soup with chicken is my favorite. The pad Thai is great...creamy, with wonderful chunks of chicken and a rich peanut sauce. They add some shrimp to it, a very nice touch. I also like the spicy eggplant and Panang curry. The vegetarian options are surprisingly extensive. Last visit, my friend and I saved room for dessert. We each had the coconut ice cream with jackfruit - the owners make it from scratch and import the jackfruit from Thailand. It is indescribable...lets just say, from now on I will save room for dessert! The decor leaves a little to be desired, but the food and the staff are so excellent, you won't notice. Last, they don't serve alcohol, but you can bring your own bottle of wine and they will open it and give you wine glasses to use. A nice touch!

Reviewed August 21, 2009

Really close to the centre of Gettysburg, great food!! The service is amazing and the food is even better!! We had fried rice, green curry, laarb chicken (sp?). We also had mango sticky rice for dessert. Very casual and very good!! The decor is nothing spectacular but that doesn't affect the taste in the least. Really clean washrooms too.