“It's part of the package”

Hall of Presidents & First Ladies
Ranked #45 of 103 things to do in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Featuring The area's only complete wax collection of American Presidents and their first ladies as well as a beautiful gift shop. The Hall of Presidents is located across the street from the Gettysburg Tour Center and next to the main entrance of the National Cemetery. It is incredible to be able to see what our Presidents really looked like and to hear the words attributed to them as if the words came from the very lips of the figures themselves.The Hall of First Ladies present authentic 1/3 size reproductions of the First Ladies in their inaugural gowns.
Dayton, OH
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“It's part of the package”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Packaged with a few other museums in town as part of the tour, it's probably what you'd expect, wax figures of each President with a brief biographical introduction of each one in order. (William Henry Harrison gets all of one line. The people running the place must be Andrew Jackson or Tecumseh fans.) The saving grace here is the display of gowns from different First Ladies as well as a small exhibit on Eisenhower and the time he spent in Gettysburg, including some paintings.

Visited November 2013

Patrick Air Force Base, Florida, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Interesting”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

First of all, take the ophanage tour before you go here! There are some ghostly things to look for during your tour. Some of the replicas were a little humorous, but the information was really worth listening to. It was the off season when I went, so it was just my husband and me. I will take my children next time. The First Ladies were all the same mold, with the exception of Michelle. The dresses were beautiful. I recommend going.

Raleigh, North Carolina
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Kind of Strange”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The best thing about the whole visit was the First Lady dresses, but the dolls themselves were odd.The wax models of the presidents were not very accurate. Some of them were almost frightening because they looked like they were decaying or something (very strange). The idea is pretty good, but it is not something I would recommend as a must do.

Visited July 2013
Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Interesting facts”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

To see and hear the words as the presidents would have spoken them to you the audience is Awesome.
The First Lady Figures in the Inaugural Dresses is real to the time of each event.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Teresa F
Kennesaw, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Thank God for the Govt Shutdown”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

It was my second day at Gettysburg, but because of the shutdown, National Soldier's Cemetery was closed. I ended up in this museum. While waiting to finish the President's tour, I was directed to check out the First ladies exhibit first. I was so thrilled with the First ladies' miniature likeness dolls and their inaugural gowns. I loved the gowns, I was taken pictures like crazy and enjoying the gowns. Judging the First ladies, who's the fab and who's the drab. The tour of the presidents is very informative, it's funny to see the presidents that I knew and seen on TV and to validate whether they did a good job on their likeness. In the middle of the presentation, my camera ran out of battery. I completed the presentation but was disappointed that I didn't get to take pictures of all the presidents. Janice was kind enough to allow me to comeback the next day and go through the presentation again when I have a fresh battery. How cools is that? And, yep, at 9 am, I was there, the first person and Janice left a note to the person who was there and knew exactly who I am and let me in! I can go through the presentation over and over again! The staff are very friendly and informative. This is a must!

Visited October 2013