“Excellent in all Respects”

Comfort Suites Gettysburg
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Excellent in all Respects”
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Rooms are spacious and clean. Staff are friendly and helpful. Complimentary breakfasts are better than in some restaurants. Identifiesd an error on my invoice and staff readily acknowledged the error and corrected it. Location is convenient to both the battlefield and downtown area within waliking distance of both.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 10, 2010

We enjoyed our 2 night stay here. The hotel was nice and new. The room was huge (much larger than we were expecting). The location is awesome - it's probably the closest hotel to the Visitor's Center at the Gettysburg Military Park. Great value.

There are only a couple minuses to mention. The first probably shouldn't be blamed on the hotel. On the night we got there, my wife almost got run over by a drunk driver in the parking lot, who then hit another car. We had to spend the first night talking with the police in the parking lot instead of relaxing inside our room. So that detracts a little from the experience, and made us feel a little less safe at the hotel.

The only minus related to the hotel room was that the WiFi reception was extremely poor in our room, and we couldn't establish a good connection. The "heated" pool was also kind of cold.

Otherwise, our stay was great, and we would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Vernal, Utah
Reviewed May 8, 2010

I worked with the Hotel to provide meeting room, lodging, and meals for a group of 95 fire management officers. Every detail was handled in a professional manner and turned out even better than expected. The hotel took care of overflow bookings, handling payment for the caterer, and anything else I asked them to do. I would recommend them to any group.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Wyomissing
Reviewed May 3, 2010

My check-in was painless. This is still a new hotel. The rooms were nice and roomy and there was no noise from other guests. The hotel is located right near the visitor's center for Gettysburg and right down the road from the Gettysburg Outlets.
The only issue was a back-up when I checked out. Apparently I picked the same time to do this as everyone else--and there was only one person working the desk. I will be staying here again on future business trips.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Archdale, North Carolina
Reviewed May 2, 2010

The desk attendant told us about Dobbins House restaurant. It was great and they took us in without reservations. Food was delicious and our waitress was very nice (Donna).
Our room was comfortable and roomy and kind of romantic. Loved the continental breakfast and the granola bars to take with you. We went on the scenic ride with a private guide in our car, not expensive and well worth it and all of the history we learned about the Battle at Gettysburg. I would return to Comfort Suites.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Shaftsbury, Vermont
Reviewed April 25, 2010

The Comfort Inn is the newest hotel in Gettysburg. Located on the far end of the Evergreen Cemetery right next door to the Pike Restaurant. This is a cookie cutter hotel, meaning if you’ve stayed in one Comfort Inn, the next one you stay in will look just the same.

Check in was quick. There is lots of parking. The gentleman who checked me wasn’t very talkative, and didn’t seem to know much about the area. Upon entering the elevator, I wasn’t happy, with how dirty it was, the floor didn’t appear to have been vacuumed, ever.

My room however was lovely. It was large. There was a comfortable couch, nice work area, microwave, and small fridge. The bed is the best I have ever slept in while away from home. Great cover, and fluffy pillows. Six pillows on the bed. The lighting is all CFL’s, as this is a “green” property. The bathroom is also large with a tub you can actually use, if you wish. And the big fluffy towels, that you can actually wrap around yourself.

Before you think all was sunshine and roses, let me tell you there were a few problems. Very limited amount of TV channels to choose from. Sounds from the hall way travel, much louder then you expect. I came back from a long day on the battlefield at 4:30 pm to find no one had cleaned my room. The breakfast room is a joke, even being free it is priced to high for what they offer [if it’s a Sunday morning go the Pike].

I don’t think I will stay again in the Comfort Inn. Not because of the above listed problems, but for me it’s their location. Although the hotel is close to town and the battlefield, it is still a little to far away from these things. For the money there are comparable hotels with better locations.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business