“Gettysburg” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Gettysburg Guided Bus Tour
Ranked #4 of 31 Tours in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The ultimate Gettysburg Battlefield Bus Tour Experience puts you on our famous Double Decker Bus with a professional Licensed Battlefield Guide. Relive the Battle of Gettysburg, as told by the most knowledgeable historic storytellers in the area. This tour is also done on an Enclosed Air-conditioned Bus.
Roy, Washington
“Gettysburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We toured the area in and around Gettysburg . Impressive. A piece of history that all, young and old, will enjoy.

Visited December 2013

Federalsburg, Maryland
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Good tour, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Our group of four adults, two 14 year olds and one 13 year old did the double decker bus tour the last weekend in June. It was less than a week from the 150th anniversary of the battle so it had a bit more historical significance, plus it gave us an idea of the weather conditions that they would have experienced at the time. We did the audio tour and sat on the upper level. There were pros and coins with the tour.
The Pros: The upper deck offered a great vantage point for viewing both the town as you drive through it and the battlefield park.
The audio recording is made using actors voicing the rolls of the various soldiers, citizens and generals. There were background sound effects of horses and cannon fire.
You get a nice little breeze when the vehicle is driving.
There are some nice stops on the trip, especially the one at the top of Little Round top.
The Cons: If it is very sunny or raining and you are sitting on the top deck, you cannot have an umbrella open for protection from the elements; you WILL need sunblock, a hat etc.
The headphones. You are wearing headphones for upwards of 2.5 hours and they do become uncomfortable. My ears were downright painful from it, but I do have sensitive ears. Also, the headphones get HOT. It was summertime and mine got all sweaty. Now, our tour was preceded by an earlier tour. We got on right after they got off. Nobody went around cleaning the headphones between tours. Yuk!
And while the adults got a lot out of the information imparted by the audio tour, the kids got pretty bored pretty quickly. Maybe they were just hot, but partway through they just took the headphones off.

So I would weigh all of the above information with the time of year, weather and who the members of your party are. Maybe for you, the self drive and CD tour is best. I'd do a tour with this company again, but for me, I'd go with a live guide and skip the hot, sweaty headphones.

3 Thank Rachel S
Reading, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We did our first trip and your of Gettysburg and wow what a time! Our guide Mike K. was awesome not only did I learn a lot of things I never knew but he made it so much more than that with his interactions. I could of toured for 4 hours with him. Thank you so much for the experience, truly one of a kind.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank CA_Reed037
Medford, Oregon
231 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 231 helpful votes
“Wish we would have taken the car”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I want to start by saying that the tour guide was friendly and knowledgeable and we learned lots from him. The reason for the average rating at this Excellent location is because our tour passed by many places I would have liked to stopped. The tour finished up at the end of Pickett's March but by that time it was dark outside... disapointing.

The bus tour gave an outstanding overview of the battle field and I would've been happier if we started earlier in the day.

We learned almost nothing about the town of Gettysburg, another disapointment.

When we return... and we will... I will have learned some of the history in advance taken the family on our own tour.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank sp4301
Buenos Aires, Argentina
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Pure History.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I'm not American, I live in Argentina but have always been an avid lover of the History. And I loved this tour very much. I was impressed by the Gettysgurg town itself. The way everything is preserv. Some times you think you are back in 1860's... Clean, a pride for the citizens. And the tour is greatly guided. More than 1,400 monuments on the battlefield. I got shocked.s true, you can do it with your car, but it is definitely NOT the same.

Visited June 2013