“Very well worthwhile”

and up
Gettysburg Guided Bus Tour
Ranked #4 of 31 Tours in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The ultimate Gettysburg Battlefield Bus Tour Experience puts you on our famous Double Decker Bus with a professional Licensed Battlefield Guide. Relive the Battle of Gettysburg, as told by the most knowledgeable historic storytellers in the area. This tour is also done on an Enclosed Air-conditioned Bus.
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Very well worthwhile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

The guide we had on our bus and the driver were super nice, helpful and so very knowledgeable. The guide never made any question see too small and answered everything as well as pointing out the sights we were seeing. I think the men on the tour could enjoy it much more than the women, because after all, it is of battlefields and I found my mind wondering when they were explaining what weapons were used and what the range was, but the men seemed very interested. That being said there were other things covered that hit a bell with me too and I was very glad we took this tour.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Well worth it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This was a very good tour . I would highly recommend this for anyone wanting to see the battlefield. The tour guide was very knowledgable and made it interesting for people who don't like history. This tour is one that should be taken.

1 Thank Mladuew
Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Just like it was”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

It you don't know much about the battle it will probably be a bit of a whirlwind tour - so much went on so quickly there in those few crowded and blood-soaked days. We bought out own tour guide with us - our oldest son - and he was able to point out and name all the areas and tell us exactly what happened there. (We're Australian by the way.) Everything has been carefully preserved down to the bullet holes in the walls of Gettysburg houses. The bus ride from Washington was a bit tedious - especially on the way back - but it was worth it.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank John M
Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Informative & Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I took the tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. Guide was both entertaining and knowledgeable. My wife is not a history buff but the tour kept her undivided attention. I recommend every park visitor take the tour.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank ProfessorRay
Buffalo, New York
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We did the double decker bus tour. This is a very nice way to see the battle field.
I have been here a few times already and this was my second bus tour. I highly recommend it for people new to the battlefield. It does a great job progressing through the three day battle and helps you see the highlights of the battle fields. From here you get a flavor of the battlefield and then know what parts you might want to visit on your own later and investigate things further.

1 Thank Hemo14