“Best way to tour the battlefield!”

Segway Tours of Gettysburg (SegTours, LLC)
Ranked #2 of 29 Tours in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway tours of the Gettysburg battlefield. Experience the history and enjoy the ride! The Segway Personal Transporter(tm) is environmentally-friendly, self-balancing, extremely easy to operate, and lots of fun! You'll be an expert after 10 minutes of free training. We don't just visit the battlefield sites. All tours are directed by a Licensed Battlefield Guide (recorded or in person) who will dramatically recount the events of the battle, the military blunders, and the heroic defenses that characterize this pivotal battle. If you aren't interested in the history, we also offer escorted Segway rides. Or try our indoor Segway obstacle course!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was the best way to tour the battlefield. We were thoroughly trained and tested with the segway to make sure that we were comfortable in operating the equipment, then we were given a full guided tour out of town and around the battlefield. It was fun and informative. The employees were VERY friendly!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,363)
All reviews
"lots of fun"
in 23 reviews
"learn how"
in 13 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Having taken Segway tours before, we know how fun it is to ride the the personal transporter so the choice to take this tour was obvious. What wasn't obvious was just how great this tour would be. While others suffered with traffic and parking we simply powered our way through the tour on the Segway and enjoyed ourselves tremendously. What a great way to see the battlefield including Little Round Top, The Devil's Den, Seminary Ridge and the site of Pickett's Charge. The tour is professionally done and the staff members are great ensuring you are comfortable riding the PT. Meghan is absolutely the best!!! The company provided cold water and a unbelievable choice of snacks at no extra charge. My wife and I will definitely tour again. Great job, great tour and well woth the money.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Me and my family went for a tour of Gettysburg on one of the hottest days of the year - I couldn't have asked for a better way to tour this beautiful location! The Segway training was thorough, left me feeling prepared, and VERY fun! Riding the Segways was easy and made the entire experience extremely fun and unforgettable.

Our Tour Guide Jessie was wonderful - Very informative and helpful. Brought each of us a cold bottle of water, as well as a frozen bottle of water that melted throughout the tour and provided us with constant cold refreshment. She also came with snack (including cheese, grapes, pastries, chocolate, and MORE water) that we ate at one of our rest stops.

I would recommend this to anybody - This was some of the most fun you could have while touring this amazing, history-filled location.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I'm a bit of a Civil War buff, and so didn't expect to learn much on this tour. Wrong! Our guide was not only very knowledgeable (they have to be) but by using modern analogies was able to make 19th century military concepts more understandable and compelling. Other than walking, there's no better way to get the lay of the land, and it would take a full day of non-stop walking to cover the ground we went over in a little more than two hours. The four stops we made (Lee's HQ, Longstreet's position, Little Round Top and High Water Mark) were logical, nicely spaced and gave us adequate opportunity to stretch our legs and speak with the guide. Most impressive: during training my wife (who admits to being not-too-coordinated) was apprehensive about the Segway and almost dropped out. She was glad she didn't (and so was I). If anything, the training conditions were tougher than the actual tour, and soon enough she got the hang of it. It was a hot day -- mid-90s -- but cruising along we hardly noticed the heat. Two minor nits: it's almost impossible to ask questions or take photos while riding, and we blew by several markers and monuments that I would have liked to read and/or learn more about. But then, the tour would have taken too long for those who are not as interested in the Civil War as I am.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 17, 2013

When my girlfriend excitedly told me that she had found a Segway tour in Gettysburgh for our upcoming trip, I was a little apprehensive. Michelle thought that it would be a great way to our the city and keep our children happy! And boy was she right! From the expert Segway training provided by Andy, Marieka and Aaron before we ventured out under the patient, watchful eye of Aaron to the excellent narrated audio historical tour and the huge amount of area that we covered. Wow!! Not a complaint was to be heard amongst the children. There wasn't a single issue...nothing broke down, nothing went wrong. When does that happen on vacation/ As Canadians, our knowledge of the civil war was somewhat limited...not anymore!! Thanks for a great memory!!
The Lauermeier Family (and Kerr Family)