“Everything everyone says it is!”

Segway Tours of Gettysburg (SegTours, LLC)
Ranked #1 of 29 Tours in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway tours of the Gettysburg battlefield. Experience the history and enjoy the ride! The Segway Personal Transporter(tm) is environmentally-friendly, self-balancing, extremely easy to operate, and lots of fun! You'll be an expert after 10 minutes of free training. We don't just visit the battlefield sites. All tours are directed by a Licensed Battlefield Guide (recorded or in person) who will dramatically recount the events of the battle, the military blunders, and the heroic defenses that characterize this pivotal battle. If you aren't interested in the history, we also offer escorted Segway rides. Or try our indoor Segway obstacle course!
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I think my husband was skeptical at first. We have both been around segways but never on them. It was a blast. We talked the rest of the day about how great it was to be out in the fresh air instead of the car tour or a stuffy bus. Meagan was our guide and she was great. They supplied us with two bottles of water and snacks. Your feet get tired but Megan explained several ways to keep the blood flowing and there are multiple breaks where you get to stretch and relax.

I loved the segways. I picked up on the controls pretty quick. My husband didn't pick it up as quick, but a couple laps around the inside course and we were good to go. The course prepares you for anything you may encounter outdoors. I spoke about Megan being a great guide, but Andy and Tanya were great as well inside while teaching us to ride. I couldn't beleive just how far we traveled.

The tour travels to many of the same areas as the car tour. You are provided with an audio narrated guided tour from a certified guide as you travel and Megan filled us in on other details. She had a microphone that hooked into the ear pieces as well which was great so that you could hear her talk the entire time. We were lucky, we went early in the morning so it was cool and we only had four in our group. Great way to see Gettysburg. We will do another Segway tour thanks to these guys.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,234)
All reviews
"eastern battlefield"
in 28 reviews
"safety video"
in 18 reviews
"provided water and snacks"
in 14 reviews
in 18 reviews
"learn how"
"culp's hill"
in 15 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 24 reviews
"awesome experience"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Took the segway tour on June 14 in the afternoon with a live battlefield tour guide (as opposed to a recorded audio tour, which is an option). The whole thing was about 3 hours. It was a great way to tour the sites. Can't imagine doing it on foot and/or without a guide. The segway does take some getting used to, but we caught on quickly. There is a how to/safety video to watch and practice sessions before heading out. The tour guide and safety guide were nice and accommodating. All questions were answered easily. There are various places that they stop during the tour to look at some of the monuments and battlefields. This was good for us, but might not be good if you want to spend time at very specific places. Otherwise, you are on the segway listening to the tour guide through an earpiece, keeping a steady pace. Water is provided and a mid-way snack/bathroom break is taken (they provided the snacks!). They also took pictures of us and various locations which we were able to download for free. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed learning to ride the Segways and the tour. Our guide, Jesse,was so nice! It's a great way to learn about the battle. Go online and watch the video so you know what to expect. It's not scary at all!!! It's way better than taking a car tour. at least this way you are out in the sun (or rain....they will ride weather rain or shine!) Leave your purse in the car, take your camera, there are a few stops along the way and they provide water and snacks. They will also provide rain gear if needed. We would definitely do another Segway tour and we highly recommend it.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I received gift certificates for the tour and I have to say it was the best gift we have ever had. I was nervous going in as we have never done anything like this before.Taylor took me around the indoor obstacle course they have you practice on and was extremely patient with me.Aaron was our tour guide and was wonderful !!! They give you two water bottles for the tour and a snack during a stop for a little stretch and restroom break.I would highly recommend this tour as part of your vacation !!!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We decided to stop in Gettysburg on our way home from Virginia to Ohio. We have always wanted to do a Segway tour, and decided to call to see if there were any tour spots available that day. The kind and helpful people at SegTours added a tour just for us. The training is good and we (2 adults and our 15 year-old) felt safe the entire time during the tour. Riding the Segway was really, really fun and the audio tour gave us a good overview of the battle. Our guide, Aaron, was friendly, helpful, and knowledgable. The tour company also supplies bottled water and snacks for the trip. There is a decent-sized pouch on the front of the Segway to store cameras or other items. Enjoy! Well worth it!