“Great Tour”

Segway Tours of Gettysburg (SegTours, LLC)
Ranked #1 of 31 Tours in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway tours of the Gettysburg battlefield. Experience the history and enjoy the ride! The Segway Personal Transporter(tm) is environmentally-friendly, self-balancing, extremely easy to operate, and lots of fun! You'll be an expert after 10 minutes of free training. We don't just visit the battlefield sites. All tours are directed by a Licensed Battlefield Guide (recorded or in person) who will dramatically recount the events of the battle, the military blunders, and the heroic defenses that characterize this pivotal battle. If you aren't interested in the history, we also offer escorted Segway rides. Or try our indoor Segway obstacle course!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Took the segway tour on June 14 in the afternoon with a live battlefield tour guide (as opposed to a recorded audio tour, which is an option). The whole thing was about 3 hours. It was a great way to tour the sites. Can't imagine doing it on foot and/or without a guide. The segway does take some getting used to, but we caught on quickly. There is a how to/safety video to watch and practice sessions before heading out. The tour guide and safety guide were nice and accommodating. All questions were answered easily. There are various places that they stop during the tour to look at some of the monuments and battlefields. This was good for us, but might not be good if you want to spend time at very specific places. Otherwise, you are on the segway listening to the tour guide through an earpiece, keeping a steady pace. Water is provided and a mid-way snack/bathroom break is taken (they provided the snacks!). They also took pictures of us and various locations which we were able to download for free. Highly recommended.

McKeesport, Pennsylvania
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Loved every minute of it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed learning to ride the Segways and the tour. Our guide, Jesse,was so nice! It's a great way to learn about the battle. Go online and watch the video so you know what to expect. It's not scary at all!!! It's way better than taking a car tour. at least this way you are out in the sun (or rain....they will ride weather rain or shine!) Leave your purse in the car, take your camera, there are a few stops along the way and they provide water and snacks. They will also provide rain gear if needed. We would definitely do another Segway tour and we highly recommend it.

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
“Gettysburg Segway Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I received gift certificates for the tour and I have to say it was the best gift we have ever had. I was nervous going in as we have never done anything like this before.Taylor took me around the indoor obstacle course they have you practice on and was extremely patient with me.Aaron was our tour guide and was wonderful !!! They give you two water bottles for the tour and a snack during a stop for a little stretch and restroom break.I would highly recommend this tour as part of your vacation !!!

Girard, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Really fun and easy to learn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We decided to stop in Gettysburg on our way home from Virginia to Ohio. We have always wanted to do a Segway tour, and decided to call to see if there were any tour spots available that day. The kind and helpful people at SegTours added a tour just for us. The training is good and we (2 adults and our 15 year-old) felt safe the entire time during the tour. Riding the Segway was really, really fun and the audio tour gave us a good overview of the battle. Our guide, Aaron, was friendly, helpful, and knowledgable. The tour company also supplies bottled water and snacks for the trip. There is a decent-sized pouch on the front of the Segway to store cameras or other items. Enjoy! Well worth it!

Seabrook
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun and interesting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed the tour, especially learning to ride the segways. The employees were kind, helpful and professional. The only part that was frustrating was the guide (that was with us) could not answer any questions about what we were seeing because he wasn't a licensed Gettysburg tour guide. His job was keeping us safe in traffic and on the segways. He couldn't answer something as simple as "what is the name of that monument". He dutifully responded "I can't answer that" or "Gary (the audio tape guide) will answer that for you". I found Gary the audio guide very confusing and hard to follow. The tour is brisk paced so there are not many opportunities to get off and explore what you are seeing. We did take breaks here and there which was good as your feet and legs will get tired of standing all the time. I wore sandals and wished I had worn more supportive shoes. Standing that long puts a lot of pressure on your feet! Overall, I enjoyed the tour especially learning to use the segways. They are a great way to cover a lot of territory in a short amount of time. Next time I will book in advanced so that I can get a "live" tour guide who will be able give more detailed info and answer questions. Or if possible rent a Segway and explore on my own so I can go at my own pace.

Visited June 2013

Been to Segway Tours of Gettysburg (SegTours, LLC)? Share your experiences!