“Great breakfast”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Recommended by someone we ran into on the square, we were not disappointed. Had breakfast. Had Croque Madam, a strange twist on an eggs Benedict with Dijon mustard. Thoroughly enjoyed, and completely different than anything I have had before. Price was reasonable, and restrooms are clean.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Based on the good reviews here on TripAdvisor, we chose to go to Cafe Saint-Amand on our last evening in Gettysburg. I'm happy to report it exceeded all expectations. The bread was served with a fig-butter that was as delicious as it was unique. All four of our entrees were outstanding: trout almandine, French dip sandwich, swordfish (cooked to perfection), and onion & cheese crepe. Desserts were also everything you might hope from an excellent French restaurant. We had a chocolate mousse and a Nutella & Strawberry crepe. The crepe was stuffed with fresh sweet strawberries, and lined with just enough Nutella to delicately complement them.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am a local and I have given great reviews to several local restaurants. This is not one of them. I admit I eat here about once a month but only due to lack of alternatives. The service is always excellent, the food is sometimes acceptable and sometimes absolutely dismal. They often have good croissants, the coffee is not of high quality, the breakfast potatoes are horrible, just white slices of potato with some grease on the top. At supper the stew may be so tough as to be unchewable and the salad sparse and greasy.

1  Thank SallyPuddin
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We enjoyed the feel of this place, the coffee was great, the location up the street from our lodging. Our innkeepers recommended this place and we're glad we went.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We have enjoyed several long breakfasts here. Each time we come to Gettysburg (2-3 times a year) for the last 2 years we have made a point of stopping here once, if not twice, during each trip. The crepes are very tasty. They know how to make good espresso and the sandwiches are also very good. We especially like the lemon crepe. The service reminds me of a French café - they don't rush you and really know the menu. I am getting hungry just writing this review. :)