“Great Trips” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Clearfield, Pennsylvania
“Great Trips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed at Raphael Inn for three times in the last year. One was to get away from it all , two my daughters 21st birthday n three to give my friend/ mom a week away from the hussle and bustle. All three times I looked forward to going. My first time I made a reservation I felt like Alexandria was along lost sister. When I left I felt like I was leaving family. When I knew I was going back There was no question of where we were staying. Alex made A cake for my daughter and a card which she totally loved then I treated them out for a dinner. Third time mom was delighted to stay there. She loved the room we had. I have stayed in every room they had and I can tell you the California rose suite is the best. Thanks Alex and George for listening and sharing your lives with us. I love You.

Room Tip: California Rose suite is bigger and Lincoln room is perfect for two
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Old Bridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Alexandra and George, upon our arrival, welcomed us as members of their family. Their hospitality and generosity surpasses any hotel/motel etc. The Inn is charming and extremely comfortable. George is the hostess with the mostest while Alexandra painstakingly prepared a scrumptious breakfast for us in the morning. Their Bed & Breakfast is centrally located near various tourist attractions throughout Gettysburg. We found Gettysburg battlefield and attractions quite overwhelming and emotional. We only wish we had more than two days available to us to view all the attractions of the battle that Gettysburg has to offer. We are planning in the fall to return to Gettysburg to spend more time with George and Alexandra, our gracious hosts. Our experience with them will be memorable all the days of our lives.
PS: On a personal note, thank you Alexandra and George for your special prayers regarding Bill's health on our safe return home. God Bless you both. You are our family.
Donna

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank d4kids
Cutchogue, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My 3 boys, husband and I have just returned from 2 nights at the Raphael Inn, where we stayed while we explored Gettysburg. The second morning was also my one son's 11th birthday. Alexandra and George (unasked) presented him with a homemade cake (after a phenomenal breakfast) complete with a sparkler on top, and a homemade birthday card. Then, they brought out the box that contained the guitar that I had sent to the Inn a few days before. Because it was obvious from the box that there was a guitar inside, they had opened it up and turned the blank side facing out - and then printed a label that said "Ping Pong Table" and affixed it to the box! So, my son was totally surprised when he opened the box, and saw the guitar that he had so wanted. That loving attention to detail, and then on top that - the funny dogs (full of personality) the pretty and very comfortable rooms, the wonderful food - make this place one of a kind. George and Alexandra also have a ton of information and knowledge about Gettysburg, the museums, places of interest, restaurants, etc., As we drove off, George and Alexandra and the dogs waving from the front yard, my youngest son asked if we could come back to Gettysburg next year so that he could have his birthday at the Raphael Inn:-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Laura S
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have stayed at MANY BnBs, and I have never felt as comfortable at any BnB as George and Alexandra made me feel at Raphael Inn. Yes, the breakfast was fun and delicious. Yes, the room (California Rose) was super clean, quiet, and comfortable.Yes, we had access to goodies and treats all day long. However, these things are not what make Raphael Inn so special. The owners are simply lovely people. They have the gifts of hospitality, service, and love. My son and I enjoyed every minute that we spent in their presence, and after staying with them for two nights, we felt like we were leaving family when we left.

Our room was the one room there facing the street, and we didn't not hear a thing - from the street or the other rooms. The Raphael Inn is simply a fun place to stay, and there are just too many extras to mention.

If you don't mind a couple of sweet dogs, if you can physically climb stairs, and if you enjoy a bit of whimsy in your life, then the Raphael Inn is for you. The midweek special is quite a deal, too!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hellertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We just spent our anniversary with Alex and George and they made our stay very special including an anniversary cake. They cater to each guest and try very hard to make each guest's visit special. They love what they do and it shows. They also helped us enjoy our visit to Gettysburg with their expert advice on what to see and where to eat

Kunkletown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

It was the first experience with a Bed and Breakfast stay, and after just a short time, determined that it was a wonderful ideas. The proprietors were extremely helpful to what we would like to visit and gave us a heads up on places about town. The room was great and sleeping was not a problem.

The breakfast was very good and Alexandria went out her way to make sure my wife had a gluten free breakfast as well as the available pleasantries in the evening. George and Alexandria were the most gracious hosts and made sure we knew what restaurants were available for the diets that we needed.

The stay was great and the hospitality and friendliness assured us of a return stay as well as to recommend the Raphael Inn to family and friends.

Ron and Rita

1 Thank Ronald E
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Alexandra and George, owners of Raphael Inn, welcome their guests like old friends. Alexandra prepares delicious breakfasts, different each morning, taking into consideration her guests preferences and allergies. Art and I were celebrating our 45th anniversary when we visited, so Alex baked us a heart-shaped cake served in a crystal dish and George served vanilla and chocolate sundaes. She did the same for a newlywed couple and a second anniversary couple celebrating 33 years together. Our room, the Evangeline, was a purple, Victorian style room featuring antiques and portraits. The bed was comfortable, the air cooled by an overhead fan, and the room quiet. We did not hear our neighbors' showers, televisions, or conversations. The bathroom was immaculate and the water pressure and temperature perfect. Best of all, however, is the advice George and Alex offer about places to eat depending on the guests' food preferences or budget, as well as advice as to when best to tour certain sites. They gave us two audio discs so we could tour the battlefield in our car, learning the history along the way. We also left with numerous flyers and maps. But the best feature of the Inn is by far the couple's two dogs, Heidi and Olive. (They are only presented if guests like dogs.) We do, and found them well-behaved, but obviously so happy we came to visit. Heidi lies by one's feet, quietly accepting head rubs, and Olive offers all her toys to the guests who would like to play. We will definitely return to Raphael Inn when we visit Gettysburg again, even if just to say hello.