“Historic Inn in Gettysburg”

Keystone Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We chose this B and B on the internet. It was very convenient to the historic areas of Gettysburg.We stayed 2 nights, changing rooms the second night just for fun. The home is very old and has been converted from a large single family home to apartments and then restored to a B and B. Rooms are on the second and third floors. The rooms were clean and fairly spacious with wifi and TV. Parking was off street and easy. It was in view of the battlefields. The innkeepers were helpful and supplied us with CD's to use to tour the battlefields. They were somewhat helpful in suggesting places for dinng. Breakfast was good and filling, but not gourmet. Quiet area away from the crowds.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 30, 2010

This is an excellent B&B.

The owners are friendly and helpfull, but not intrusive. The house is beautiful and spotless.It is just four blocks out of the center of town.

The room was very nice and very clean, and the other rooms looked just as nice.

The breakfasts were very good, and there just isn't a negative about staying here.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2009

My fiance and I spent the weekend on Dec 18th-20th at the Keystone inn. Mike and Marj couldnt have been better hosts! From the foyer when you walk in, right up to the room accomodations everything was flawless! The breakfasts were terrific! The place is very well kept and neat. They have a nice library of books and movies for you to enjoy. They also have an incredible Italian restaurant you can visit that is within walking distance. It was a good thing it was so close too, we had a snow storm while we were there. Everything about this place including location was just perfect! We cant wait to go back!

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2009

This nice home located close to the town of Gettysburg and close to the battlefield was a delight to stay in. The Innkeepers were both very friendly and helpful with the town attractions and restaurants. They had much to offer in terms of Gettysburg history, and had the car CD for driving the battlefield. Would highly recommend this B&B. Good food and wonderful hospitality!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2009

My boyfriend and I spent 6 days at the Keystone Inn in early October. We were impressed from the moment we walked in the door. The home is absolutely beautiful and feels very warm and welcoming! Mike and Marj are very friendly and helpful and made us feel right at home immediately. Our room (General Reynolds) was large, very clean and beautifully decorated. The bed was very comfortable - we slept great! The home is in a great location - about 5 blocks from downtown - so it is out of the main hustle and bustle, but still an easy walk to great restaurants and shops. The breakfasts were yummy and filling and sitting in the dining room eating and chatting was such a nice, relaxing way to start the day. I also recommend relaxing at the end of the day on the front porch or in the parlor....they are both lovely, inviting places to sit and relax. I would definitely recommend this Inn to everyone....we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a beautiful fall weekend in Gettysburg and stayed at the Keystone Inn, which was just wonderful! Mike and Marj do a great job of making sure everything is to your satisfaction. In fact, shortly after checking in, we noticed our room was a bit chilly and tried turning on the heat (radiator) but nothing seemed to happen. We asked Mike about it, and he said that they don't normally turn the heat on until November - apparently some of the other rooms have ceramic space heaters, but ours did not, I suppose because it is one of the smaller rooms. He said he would take care of it. We then left for dinner, and returned later that evening to find a working space heater in our room. We were very appreciative of him going out of his way for us - and it was more than enough heat! We stayed in General Johnson's room, which was just beautiful. It is a lot larger than the pictures make it seem on the website - it was more than enough room for my husband and I. The bathroom is also a lot larger than expected! It was very quiet (we both slept better there than we do at home) and so comfortable and clean. We enjoyed the breakfasts, although a little rich/sweet for our taste. We had dinner at the Dobbin House one night, which was fantastic. It was very busy and crowded, but the food and service were top notch. We ate at O'Rorke's pub another night and enjoyed that very much as well. We ate outside in their courtyard. Good casual food and fun atmosphere. We can't wait to come back to Gettysburg and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I stayed at the Keystone Inn with my boyfriend in June of 2009, and we were very happy with our visit. I should start off by saying that Mike, the innkeepeer, looked thrilled to find us at the front door at 10:00 pm. He took his time showing us around the inn and to our room, regardless of how late it was. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very clean, as was the rest of the house. There were little treats like brownies or cookies waiting for us at the end of each day, and plenty of refreshments as well. The breakfasts each morning were delicious, though a little too sweet for my taste. I think Mike went a little crazy with the powdered sugar on the french toast, but the fruit accompanying each dish was refreshing and complimentary.

Although I loved the fact that the inn was away from town in a quiet neighborhood, it was not withing walking distance to town. It's walkable yes, but it's definitely not a short stroll, and I wouldn't recomend it, especially at night. Mike and Marj were full of useful information, since we have never been to Gettysburg before, and gave us great tips on where to go and what to do. They recommended that we dine at the Dobbin House, and wow, we were beyond pleased!! That restaurant was amazing! The only tip I have for future visitors is this - if you decide to borrow Mike's and Marj's CD's for the audio tour of the Gettysburg Battlefield, make sure they BOTH work before you leave the inn... We were halfway through the tour when we realized that the 2nd CD didn't work, and since we were leaving the next day, we didn't have time to go back, and had to finish the tour without our "guide".

Overall, the inn was gorgeous, the innkeepers were extremely hospitable, and if I return to Gettysburg, I would definitely stay at the Keystone Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple