“Beautiful inn and helpful staff”

Keystone Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had a wonderful weekend stay. The rooms were large, clean, and well outfitted. The breakfasts and snacks were delicious. I love my coffee and it was always hot and strong. My daughters liked the variety of teas. The owners were always available to help us find our way to our next destination. I also liked that it was in Gettysburg, but not downtown where it was noisy. I would recommend the inn to anyone visiting Gettysburg.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We have stayed in several bed and breakfast places in Gettysburg and while this is not the most opulent B&B we have stayed in, it was a good value. The place is very nicely decorated for Christmas and the rooms are very clean. There are many things that are provided- cd's, books, car tour for the battlefield, sweets, hot tea, and chocolate. They serve a good hot breakfast, while several of the B&B'S in Gettysburg do not. We also found the bed very comfortable and Mike and his Marj were good hosts. We would recommend the inn if traveling to Gettysburg.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I booked The General Early Suite for my husband's 30th Birthday weekend. First great thing we noticed was the off street parking. We had heard parking was difficult in Gettysburg so it was quite a relief to have our own designated parking. The outside of the house was GORGEOUS! Beautiful architecture and the beautiful landscaped walkways. Love it!
We were welcomed by one of the owners Mike, who was very kind and friendly. The house is gorgeous, from the beautiful hardwood floors to huge fireplace in the dining room! Marj did an amazing job decorating for Christmas. I absolutely loved every little detail. Mike showed us our room and handed us our room key and a front/back door key. He also informed us they offer home cooked breakfast daily.
Our room had a back door leading to a fire escape. So we had the freedom to come and go whenever we wanted without having to ring a bell or bother anyone else. Our room was immaculate. We had a very large bed with large pillows and the mattress was very comfy. It felt like sleeping on a pillow. In the bedroom there was an electric fireplace to provide warmth and romantic ambiance. Attached to our room was a sitting with a coffee maker, a fridge and a small couch. Perfect for us. The bathroom was even better because it had a jetted tub.
There were 4-5 other people staying here with us and it was so quiet it seemed as if we were in the house completely alone. No noise at night, no noise when people were walking down the steps. Absolute bliss.
The dining room was fully stocked with coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Basically anything we needed to warm up after a cold nights walk through the town. The home cooked breakfast was DELICIOUS!! Mark cooks an amazing meal. We had a ham and cheese casserole, with freshly sliced pineapples and a raspberry cake, the next day was French Toast with sausage and a banana muffin. Everything was so good! Marj and Mike were very attentive and sweet. They really make you feel like you're a part of their family. After enjoying the delicious breakfast, we stumbled upon the little "shop" attached to the dining room. LOVE IT! I won't go into too much detail but if you plan on staying here don't forget to check it out.
In closing we have stayed at other b&b's and you get a lumpy mattress with runny eggs and dry biscuits. But the Staff at The Keystone Inn are genuinely good caring people. They will assist you with anything you need even allowing you to borrow an Auto Tour Cd for the Battlefield. It's the little things that make something and they go above and beyond. Thank you Mike and Marj for being such wonderful hosts and we will definitely be back!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J K
Reviewed November 18, 2013

A beautiful old historic home in Gettysburg on a quiet tree lined street. The owners do their best to make you feel at home and keep an impeccably clean inn. They were friendly but never overbearing or obtrusive. In fact the only time we saw them was at breakfast where they served a delicious home made breakfast casserole or home made pancakes with bacon and each day there was some kind of home baked sweet. There was always coffee or other beverages available. Our room was downstairs which I had some trepidation about at first due to my concerns about noise from other guests gathered in the dining room but we couldn't hear a thing from there. If I had one complaint it was that when we came back from a long day of touring the battlefield and wanted some quiet down time in our room, we had to leave it and go upstairs to the library because the owners yappy dog must have been penned up behind our bathroom and wouldn't stop barking. I was also very upset when we drove up to the property at night (Nov.8) to see not 1, but 2 Christmas trees in the windows. I get very tired of the over commercialization of Christmas and the earlier and earlier rush to it. I realized however, after we were there for a day, that one of the trees belonged to a year round Christmas shop kept on what had been a part of the porch and the other was more of an Autumn or Thanksgiving tree in the living room which I'm not quite sure of the meaning of but was pretty and less offensive than having Christmas decorations out 3 weeks before Thanksgiving. So, I got over it :0). All in all, a lovely place and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Our room was large and beautiful but I am not sure if I would endure the dog again to have it or request an upper room.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed two nights, very impressed by the extensive library of historic information. Borrowed the CD tour for a great afternoon drive. Breakfasts were hearty, good food. Highly recommend this inn - the place is lovely, and the innkeepers are responsive.

Room Tip: Rooms are described very well online, the General Greene room has a great view of Culps Hill (binocu...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Keystone B & B last week for 2 nights. We were warmly welcomed by the innkeeper and it was all great from then on. Our room was on the third floor , The General Green Suite and it was beautiful. The separate sitting area with a twin bed was convenient because my husband tends to snore and it gave me a refuge when needed. There is a fridge, coffee maker, and a TV there so if you need some space on vacation I can highly recommend this suite. At first I thought the street noise would be bothersome but once rush hour passed, all was peaceful and quiet.
Breakfast and coffee was delicious; prepared and served by the innkeepers. We got to sit with an author who is a regular visitor for 2 to 3 weeks twice a year. His research and knowledge of the area only enhanced our visit. That tells you how nice this place is. We would certainly return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Keystone Inn. The owners are warm and welcoming, without intruding. Our room was spotless and the linens were crisp and fluffy. One of their guests was on his multiple return trip and staying 2 weeks, that's a satisfied customer. We'll return again!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple