All reviews walnut cottage the cedar room civil war field hospital outdoor cat gathering room cookies rocking chairs resident cat union soldiers bed and breakfast breakfast was delicious private porch historic property home away from home every morning great hosts
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This review is way over due. We stayed here Memorial Day 2010 for my husband's birthday. We also stayed here once before a few years ago. We try to stay here every time we visit the area. It's a very homey place. Eileen & Dennis are interesting and great people! Dennis even helped us get bubble gum off the carpet in our car last visit!

During the previous visit I fell ill, and was so glad to be in such a comfy place. My hubby said do you want to go home, I said No, I'm fine right here! This is one B&B we keep coming back to. This place is great for a family get aways, girls only trips, and for romantic getaways as well. We hope to get back there soon.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank renschwa
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Staying at Lightner is always a pleasure! Eileen & Dennis Hoover have the market cornered on Hospitality! The B & B itself is a "home away from home" and beautifully decorated and maintained! The grounds are beautiful and such a relaxing atmosphere to enjoy. The breakfasts offered are always outstanding! Lightner is also close to everything you would want to see and do in Gettysburg.

Date of stay: April 2011
1  Thank Mosby43
A TripAdvisor Member
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 13, 2011

We stayed at the B & B May 5-8. Loved it! Rooms are very nice and clean. The hosts are great, and breakfast was quite yummy. The house has a lot of history to tell. We will definitely recommed this place to our friends.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Dennis & Eileen are excellant hosts, they provided us with events going on in the area along with eating establishments. The grounds are so well taken care of. We enjoyed the fish pond.

1  Thank sandyspotts
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I actually stayed at this awesome b and b a few years ago. I went with a friend who is a ghost hunter. it was an absolute awesome long weekend get away. We stayed in the walnut cottage and it was beautiful. we had the great ghost tour with betty and the hotel owners were very friendly. I loved jake the outdoor cat. Unfortunately the friend i went with passed away a few months ago but i am glad i have the memories of this great mini vacation with her.

Date of stay: May 2010