“Simply outstanding!”
Review of James Gettys Hotel

James Gettys Hotel
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We just returned from the James Getty Hotel and had a fabulous stay! The staff could not have been nicer and welcoming. The cheese and fruit tray and breakfast basket are just wonderful. Our room, Lord Nelson Suite, was extremely clean, warm and comforting. VERY quiet and relaxing at night! Just perfect! We had to leave early due to a dental emergency and the staff all expressed concern. We will DEFINATELY be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Trisha1996, Assistant Manager at James Gettys Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

I am so sorry that you had to leave early! Hopefully, you will be right as rain in no time!
The Lord Nelson's Suite is a very popular room, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!
We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This is great place to stay! My room was spotless. Nicely decorated. Amenities such as homebaked goods and fruit brought to your room each evening for b'fast the next day and cookies brought during the day. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again. Within walking distance for shops and pubs/restaurants.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We know that sightseeing can be tiring, and enjoy providing all the little touches to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Thank you again for staying with us and for your kind review! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We had a great 2 day stay at the James Getty. DH, son and I arrived around dinner time and were checked in quickly with yummy cookies and bread awaiting us. Had dinner at Blue and Grey first night, Dobbins second night. Lord Nelson's room was by comfortable and quiet. Good fit for our family. Perfect location for walking downtown and then touring battlefield. I would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! We enjoyed hosting your family's visit to Gettysburg!
I'm glad you enjoyed your suite and the baked goods. We love showcasing Adams County's wonderful produce and always appreciate hearty appetites!

Please come see us again!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The James Gettys Hotel was perfect in every way. The room was absolutely adorable, the breakfasts were great and the staff was so friendly. You couldn't ask for a better location- within walking distance of almost everything and less than 10 minutes from Gettysburg visitors center. There was some fantastic food nearby, and A&A shop down the street was darling. As my husband would confirm, I am a clean freak and don't usually feel comfortable in hotels. However, this room was so clean, even I was happy. This trip was with a girlfriend, but I'm hoping to go back with my husband soon, and would definitely stay here!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you so, so much for your review!

I think we all feel as though we have earned a badge of honor by having our housekeeping efforts praised by a self-proclaimed clean freak!!! I'm sure I can speak for the rest of the staff when I say that we all like to feel comfortable on our own travels and want to extend the same confidence-in-comfort to our guests.

We hope to see you and your family soon!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was a second trip to The James Gettys for my husband and I, but my daughter LOVES history too so we brought her for a birthday weekend treat. The rooms are very comfortable, cozy, and clean. She loved her day bed in the living space the the kitchen area each time is a nice bonus. The coffee and tea as well as the evening snacks and continental breakfasts were fabulous and fresh. We also enjoyed the hotel shaped chocolates! The hotel is in the center of town within walking distance of many attractions and restaraunts, as well as a short drive to the battlefield.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed two nights the second weekend in March at the James Gettys in the Majestic Suite, a Christmas gtift from our daughter and her guy. We had a wonderful stay, amazing accomodations, fresh, lovely continental breakfast and amazing staff. The Majestic Suite truly lives up to its namem we only wish we could have stayed longer. Garry Owen Irish Pub down the street and the Dobbin House are a must for meals. The Gettysburg Battlefield Museum and Cycloram are amazing as well as a visit to the Eisenhower Home is a must.

Room Tip: The Majestic Suite is the largest the James Gettys offers and is well worth it if you are going to h...