James Gettys Hotel
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$111
Country Inn
Comfort Suites Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$131
$117
ComfortSuites
$209
$173
Official Website
  • Pool
Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$179
$167
QualityInn
1863 Inn of Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$136
Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$155
Hampton Inn Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$199
$189
Hampton.com
Days Inn by Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$105
$101
Courtyard Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$168
$135
The Lodges at Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$156
$152
All reviewsblue parrotmajestic suitecookiesunion hotelthe lord nelson suitecoffee cakebreakfast basketturn down servicebaked goodsfull size fridgecharming hotelliving room areawithin walking distancesmall kitchensmall hotelheart of downtownstreet noise
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This hotel fantastic and the suites were huge! We got a living room, bedroom, kitchenette and bath instead of just a bedroom with a desk and chair in the corner. Too bad we were only staying for one night. If I was taking my family for a visit to Gettysburg, this would be the perfect "home base." Right off the square, walking distance to food and entertainment, and private parking in the alley.

This hotel has the charm of a B&B with unique suites and lots of personal touches. I liked fresh baked goods (no packaged stuff), OJ, and fruits for the Continental breakfast plus quality coffee, not the stale packages. There was even a flash-light in our bedroom...have you ever been in a hotel when the power went out? I haven't, but Gburg does have a sketchy power system so its great that the hotel is thinking of all possible needs.

I agree with the comments about the noise! The Lincoln Highway is right outside the room. The history is appreciated (this road is what gave Eisenhower to inspiration for the Interstate System), but the trucks keep driving by all night. I had a pair of earplugs in my bag, so I had no trouble sleeping. The hotel should consider offering the cheap foam pairs to light-sleeping guests rather then face bad reviews for something totally beyond their control.

Room Tip: Great view from the 4th Floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ConnectionMaker
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Years ago, our introduction to Gettysburg was the James Gettys Hotel; its welcoming, caring staff, its attractive decor and cleanliness, its spacious, comfortable suites, and its attention to detail make us come back year after year. The staff runs the hotel with a great deal of consistency, never wavering in its efforts to make guests feel at home. It's not only the chocolates, the cookies, and the breakfast treats that we love but the willingness of the staff to give us excellent advice about touring the area that we value. Since we've been coming to Gettysburg for at least the last ten years, we know that the James Gettys is always kept fresh with new paint, carpeting, or furniture, as needed. My husband and I travel a lot, and this is by far the finest place we've ever stayed, and it's what keeps us returning. Thank you to everyone connected with the hotel.

Room Tip: When making reservations, describe your needs to the staff and have them help you with your room choice.
3  Thank Karen S
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I were there for Remembrance Week-end. With 10,000 people in town, Gettysburg is a madhouse. The James Gettysburg offered a quiet place to relax. The evening snacks of cookies or chocolate were much appreciated. The staff is delightful and were willing to help with directions and places to eat and shop. The baked goodies were on par with any top notch bakery but were homemade. The breakfast delivered to our room made it easy to sleep in and enjoy it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Blue Parrot but have stayed in the Majestic on a prior trip.
2  Thank Rose H
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I booked the hotel for me and my wife for a 5 year wedding anniversary. I originally booked the "Union Room Suite" but when we got to the front desk someone cancelled and she offered us a different room at no charge. The front desk lady even went as far as showing us our room i booked and also the extra room she offered us. We took the bigger room (Of course) which was called "Sign of the Buck".

Now i did read some reviews on all the rooms by the main road is very noisy. Which was 100% true. IT WAS SOOOOO loud and trying to sleep was unreal...Between the bar on the right hand side, the people outside laughing, yelling, car alarms going off, trucks going by etc etc it was almost impossible to sleep. My wife actually had to sleep on the couch in the little living room area since it was so loud. Your room is dead quite also like im talking you could hear a pin drop. Which is any other situation it would be excellent. My advice is to bring a box fan or some type of sleep app for your phone to drown out the noise if you have trouble sleeping. (Which is what i had to do...)

Figuring the noise couldn't get any more annoying from outside. The people above us you could hear walking around since the floor would creak non stop. You could also hear them taking a shower with the water running and also when they would flush the toilet..... It was like a flash back of when i lived in an apartment house and i could hear almost everything.

The hotel really really really lacks Noise-Reduction. We could even hear people walking up and down the main stairwell. I would maybe come back again but only for a room that was away from the main road, maybe in the back. No joke people, please do research on the room you get and where it's located in the hotel, also what floor your on.

4  Thank John N
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the James Gettys. It was wonderful! The staff was very welcoming and efficient. We stayed in the Blue Parrot Tea room, it was huge and very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and the coffee was fabulous! Katrina is the baker and she is extremely talented. The location is perfect. Easily accessible to everything. Can't wait to return!