“Wasn't bad.”

Soldier's National Museum
Ranked #61 of 108 things to do in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: A former orphanage turned museum.
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I don't know why everyone was so hostile towards this place. It wasn't the greatest museum in the world but it was informative enough. Plus it had a ton of neat toy soldiers as well to see and I thought it was very impressive.

There are newer reviews for Soldier's National Museum

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The relics at the beginning were really cool. I grew tired of standing outside of each little window. While the information was interesting, I soon became a little bored. I was super surprised to find a giant grasshopper was part of the civil war. I recommend cleaning out the dead bugs. I will bring my children next time. It was educational.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

The museum is interesting on more than one level. The building has been a private residence and an orphanage. It houses a very nice artifact collection from the battle, as well as a fascinating, and sad, history of its life as an orphanage (children who lost fathers in the Civil War).

1  Thank Susan46480
Reviewed April 20, 2014

It was well worth the admission price. A lot of artifacts to see and several audio dioramas. Nice little gift shop also available

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was our fourth trip to Gettysburg. We went to the museum because Ghost Adventures had been there. There were some interesting artifacts and this is a self-guided tour. The person who was in charge was new and wasn't very informative. They didn't really point out where the orphanage was or how it was operated. Ghost Adventures made it more interesting.