“Cute, but Costly”

Land of Little Horses
Ranked #34 of 108 things to do in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A hands-on interactive Farm Park with numerous farm animals. Our full-time staff of performing animals take the stage for guaranteed laughs! Get up close and personal with our famous namesake miniature horses and their farm animal friends. Play areas, a Western Town, Educational Displays, and Special Events are sure to delight the kids and “kids at heart”. Pack a lunch or enjoy the food at the Hobby Horse Cafe.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed November 5, 2010

My children enjoyed seeing the miniature horses and other animals at the Land of the Little Horses. The arena show was also cute, and the kids enjoyed it. However, the show was pretty short, and the attraction itself doesn't take very long to tour. The admission price, in my opinion, was very high for what they offer. The staff was friendly and welcoming. I just wish they had more to offer for the price we paid.

2  Thank StarT21595

Reviewed October 4, 2010

We took our 1 year old daughter on a 2.5 hour one way day trip to see this place and it was SO worth it. This is my new "happy place." You will NOT be disappointed. The show was great and held our 1 year old's attention the whole time (30-45 minutes). The grounds are immaculate and beautiful and the animals are well cared for and so cute. The employees were super nice and the whole experience was so wonderful. You MUST go!!!!

1  Thank girchbeb
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Well like the title says and its well worth the money. The animals are well cared for and the staff is always friendly and will answer any questions you have. The food out there is great and the drinks are always cold.

The shows out there are a treat to go to and the demonstration show changes depending on the day. The arena show theme this year is circus and its a hoot. My favorite part of the show are the chuck wagon races.

As said in other reviews there more animals to this park than just the horses. Its a big place so make sure to see them all. I highly recommend getting the souvenir cup with the food in it to feed to the animals. Just be careful if you see Maya the goat wandering around and do not set your cup down near her. She'll try and pop the top off to get at the food.

2  Thank gpscofounder
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I visited Land of the Little Horses with my 7 yr old daughter. She LOVED it. We were there for 3 hours. Someone else left a review stating it was over priced. I've been to many petting zoos that cost even more to get into. I believe the price was very fair, actually expected to pay more. They have MANY other animals other than the miniature horses. My daughter was exstatic that baby goats, lamas and donkeys were walking around on their own. For what I paid, I believe we got a lot for our money. Demonstrations, the children were able to groom the horses and even a 45 minute long show in an air conditioned arena were among the activities. The staff were VERY nice and informative. I will definitely go back when I am in the area again.

2  Thank luvcamping1234
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Gallop, don't walk, away from this wildly overpriced petting zoo. Admission for a family of 5 with one cup of feed was over $70. Yes, there are miniature horses to brush and feed. Also, a few llamas and goats, a peacock or two, and a few other unremarkable beasts. There is a cute "western town" that might appeal to small children. The arena show is excrutiatingly boring and remarkably unprofessional. One "act" was literally a dog sitting and lying down. Then, 3 of the miniature horses follow each other around in a circle. A sheepdog WALKS between pylons. One true highlight: one of the mini horses paws the ground to answer math problems. Overall, it resembles something a teenager would put together back in her barn. Wait, that IS the "arena show." At half the price, this might be an OK attraction. At these prices, though, you can't help but feel ripped off.