“Land of Little Horses, Great for Kids”

Land of Little Horses
Ranked #33 of 103 things to do in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A hands-on interactive Farm Park with numerous farm animals. Our full-time staff of performing animals take the stage for guaranteed laughs! Get up close and personal with our famous namesake miniature horses and their farm animal friends. Play areas, a Western Town, Educational Displays, and Special Events are sure to delight the kids and “kids at heart”. Pack a lunch or enjoy the food at the Hobby Horse Cafe.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Pa.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Land of Little Horses, Great for Kids”
Reviewed November 2, 2009

This is a must see if you have a horse lover child, it is a wonderful day for all involved.

2 Thank spiritjaster

New York
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“Big fun with Little Horses”
Reviewed October 11, 2009

About five miles out of Gettysburg, the land of Little Horses provides a light-hearted respite from the grimness of the battlefields. for five dollars (in addition to the admission fee) one can get a plastic mug filled with treats for the animals. The farm features miniature horses as well as donkeys llamas, alpacas,sheep, angora goats, peacocks, pheasants, emus and various other farm and exotic pets. The tour is self-directed with travel through assorted barns and down various paths. Pony rides are available and there is a kitschy little cow town. The property is beautiful and there are plenty of chairs and benches so you can sit and just enjoy the beauty of the landscape. There is a snack bar featuring burgers, hot dogs and ice cream and a gift shop. There are rooms available to rent should one wish to extend their stay

The animals perform in a half our show. It is quite cute and although geared for kid, enjoyable for animal lovers of any age. the show featured the miniature horses as well as the llama and three dogs. I was impressed that all the dogs at the farm were adopted from local shelters

I enjoyed my visit and it appeared that everyone, young and old alike, was having a great time. I did not appreciate the snide comments made by some of the staff, mocking the excitement of some guests at seeing miniature horses. It was rude, uncalled for and totally inappropriate to do in front of customers. I note that none of their presentations started on time. However, if you love animals or just want a taste of farm life, this is the place to go.

1 Thank Molga
Virginia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Pricey, But Worth It for Us”
Reviewed August 5, 2009

As a side trip on our way home from Hershey my 5 year old daughter and I visited the Land of Little Horses. It is a little expensive to get in but the place is large enough and has some 45 minute shows where the animals perform tricks so we feel like we got a good "bang for our buck." The place was clean and the animals appeared well cared for. I wouldn't drive more than an hour to get there if it is your only activity, but if you're passing through the area it's a fun place to visit.

1 Thank eibbed0001
virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Amazing - A Gem!”
Reviewed June 25, 2009

My friends and I were staying at the Land of Little Horses Guest House for our spring scrapbooking weekend and were invited to visit the animal park by Dawne the owner. Wow, we were so surprised. We really had not intention of wakling up the lane to the animal park, but are so glad we did.

The minature horses are really something to see. But that is not all. They have quite a variety of animals including a llama, peacocks, goats, chickens, emus,... The grounds are beautiful with some very lovely flower gardens.. They even have an enclosed butterfly garden.

I can't wait to take my kids up this summer to visit. I am thinking of an overnight at the guest house (B&B) and then spending the morning at the animal park. Our stay at the guest house was great as well. The owners were very accomodating and the whole house was clean and comfortable. I think this is their first year as a Bed and Breakfast and I would have to say they are off to a great start!

Everyone was so friendly and informative. I learned so much about these incredible little animals. They are not ponies or dwarfs. They are true minature horses.

The whole place was immaculate, and while the barn smelled like animals it was incredibly clean. You can see that these animals are well cared for and loved by the owners and staff. Many of the horses roam through the park and will come right up to you. They are very friendly. It was amazing to see the minatures standing next to a standard size horse.

They have a little playground for the kids and a snack bar but we didn't take advantage of either :)

I think both adults and kids (of all ages) would enjoy spending some time at the Land of LIttle Horses. And don't miss the daily shows!

3 Thank ljVirginia
Souderton, PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Our favorite place in Gettysburg, PA!”
Reviewed August 17, 2008

We LOVE the Land of Little Horses! Looking for something new to do in Gettysburg, PA, where my husband and I go every year for our anniversary, we decided upon the Land of Little Horses a few years ago. We've gone every year since! This is such a gem of a place! You can walk through the many acres and visit the animals, such as emu, alpacas, llamas, piggies, etc, which is so fun and informative. The big attraction, of course, is the little horses. They're adorable, and you'll fall instantly in love with them! They have several shows there, and the show with the counting horse and other various small animals is so heartwarming! You will be honestly amazed at this adorable little horse who can actually count!
Refreshment stands are there so you can purchase hot dogs, ice cream, pretzels, pizza, etc, and they have a nice gift shop with horse related gifts, t-shirts, etc. The bathrooms are refreshingly clean, which is a huge plus for me! Don't miss this attraction!

5 Thank Dawn M