“Nice for a local outing”

Land of Little Horses
Ranked #33 of 103 things to do in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A hands-on interactive Farm Park with numerous farm animals. Our full-time staff of performing animals take the stage for guaranteed laughs! Get up close and personal with our famous namesake miniature horses and their farm animal friends. Play areas, a Western Town, Educational Displays, and Special Events are sure to delight the kids and “kids at heart”. Pack a lunch or enjoy the food at the Hobby Horse Cafe.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Hanover, Pennsylvania
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Nice for a local outing”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We took my 5 year old daughter here because she loves horses. We do not live too far away, so it was a 1/2 day trip. We were amused by the small horse and donkey that followed us around. The show was very low-budget, but my daughter was entertained and I was amazed by the hosre that could do math. :-) This place is a small private business, and I think that visitors should see it as such. I thought it was fine for a local outing.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank tclark62
LOLHFP, Owner at Land of Little Horses, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
My apologies for the delay in thanking you for taking the time to write a review for our facility. I am glad that you and your daughter had a good time visiting with our animal friends and I am grateful that you are able to see our park for what it is...a small, family operated business trying to keep our place in this world just as it started 40 years ago. We may not have the budgets of large theme parks, but we are happy to share what we do have with others and take pride in providing a clean, fun, and friendly enviornment for our guests. Thanks again for your review and for visiting our park.

Westminster, Md
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Makes you feel sorry for the poor things.”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The place seems run down, the animals exploited and made to do silly, pointless tricks. The whole place has no purpose. It was embarassing, even for the young ones.

LOLHFP, Owner at Land of Little Horses, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Although we strive to do our best to provide a fun, clean, and educational experience for every guest that enters our park, we do realize that the same things that appeal to most do not appeal to all. We regret that you felt as you did about our park but our animals are treated with the greatest of care and we are supported by our local Humane Societies and meet strict guidelines by the USDA and Pennsylvania Game and WIldlife Commision as far as the care and facilities for the animals. As far as the "rundown" comment...I do not know how to reply to this comment. We spend a great deal of time and effort to keep our park clean, safe and comfortable for everyone. It takes a great deal of planning to accomplish all that our staff does. Our park is a seasonal operation with basically 3 months out of an entire year to provide the funds to do all that we do. We do not have volunteer staff and our animals reside here all year. There are many bills to pay and we are so grateful to each guest that visits as they make it possible to keep a family destination alive after 40+ years of operation. I appreciate that you took the time to address your feelings in your review and we all strongly believe that each person is entitled to speak their opinion. However, we hope that future guests to our park may read this and see beyond our humble and simple operation and try to understand what hard work it is to keep a park like ours in operation and to compete in todays "high tech" world.
Pennsylvania
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Enchanting”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was our third visit. My three year old daughter has developed a love of horses thanks to this place. These gentle little creatures will warm your heart and feed your spirit. I can't imagine anyone not liking this place. The owner really cares about providing her guests with a memorable, enriching and heart warming experience. I only wish we lived closer. Enjoyed it just as much the third time as we did the first and second. I especially love the one horse that roams around free. We love feeding the horses too.

LOLHFP, Owner at Land of Little Horses, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words and realizing that we work so hard not only to provide our animals with the best of care but making sure that each and every guests has the most enjoyable visit. It is our greatest pleasure to be able to share what we are so blessed to have with others that may not. We are grateful to those of you that visit time and again. You are the reason that we have managed to operate for 40 plus years. Thank you so much and we wish you the safest travels.
Sykesville, Maryland
“great time”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just took my grandson there & he loved it. Everyone was extremely friendly. The animals performed great & it appears to me that they are very well cared for. I love the fact that they rescue dogs from the humane society. I have been going there since my children were small & now I take the grandkids. Perfect sunday afternoon.! I agree, it's a little pricey but, it takes alot of money to care for all of the animals. Money well spent.

Visited September 2012
LOLHFP, Manager at Land of Little Horses, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our park. We realize how busy families are in these times and it means a great deal to us that you devoted the time to write such kind words. It is wonderful to hear that you and your kids and grandkids enjoy our park and our little furry friends. Thanks so much for your continued support and enjoy the beautiful fall weather! Hope to see you again!
chillicothe,ohio
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“wee ones...”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

aw such wonderful little horses...they were so sweet..loved this place..i would diffinetly visit again...i think horses are so majestic, i just wouldn't believe this comes in tiny packages...little horses with big hearts and spirits..being close was great...petting and interacting was great..the kids loved them...they want a small one now..i think i will just go the Land of Little Horses for vacation...loved it !!!!

Visited August 2012
We always say, "what they lack in size they make up for in spunk". It was so nice to hear that you had a wonderful time visiting with our horses and all of their friends. They sure do look forward to our guests and their visits. Of course, it usually means treats but we honestly think that they enjoy the attention as well. Many thanks for seeing our park as what it was meant for....enjoying our farm and the relaxing atmosphere in the country.