“Gettysburg at its finest!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gettystown Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 30, 2010

My girlfriend and I have stayed at the Gettystown Inn twice now, and have reservations for our third time. It is probably one of the most fun and relaxing places you can have the pleasure of staying at. We always book the Reynolds room, and love the beautiful atmosphere. Even though its on a main street, it is quiet and wonderful! The delicious breakfast you get with your room is four star!! Don't even bother with lunch after breakfast you won't need it. I really wanted to write this review for a long time because some people are writing reviews that I think are unfair!! I have had NOTHING but a great time at the Gettystown Inn, and hope that I can for years to come.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ThomasG1123
There are newer reviews for Gettystown Inn Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed October 8, 2010

Their parking situation is atrocious. It ruined our trip. Their solution was to cover the handicapped parking spot with a paper bag to allow by 8.5 month pregnant sister to get within a few blocks of her room. I hope that no disabled person came after they did this. They are overpriced, care more about their restaurant (which is cramped and not good at all by the way) than their overnight guests in their 9 rooms. Do yourself a favor - pitch a tent - you'll have a better time.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Juzwa
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We spent one night at the Gettystown Inn Bed and Breakfast, next to the Dobbin House Tavern. We stayed in the Steinwehr room in the Leister House. The bed and breakfast includes a few different houses and rooms in each house. Each room is different (the Steinwehr has a larger bathroom) so chose a room based on your needs.

We enjoyed the close proximity to some of the shops and restaurants along the main road, although you could walk a good distance if you want to go further into town. The National Cemetery is right across the street. We also enjoyed the breakfast at the Dobbin House. The interior of the home has been converted to a restaurant on the main floor, so you get to eat in one of various rooms of the house.

The room was small and the bed somewhat uncomfortable, but probably typical of lodging that strives to remain historical. If you prefer the luxury and comfort of more modern hotels, you may not prefer to stay here. If you like authentic historical feel, this may be right up your alley!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smeak13
Reviewed June 28, 2010

My family and I visited Gettysburg to learn about it's history. I love to stay at older historic inns but that's not always easy with young kids as many of the B&B's either flat out don't allow children or even if they do they're not really appropriate for children. I chose the Dobbin house/Gettystown inn because they were one of the few in Gettysburg that was. We stayed in the Lee suite which was the perfect room for a family at a great price. It was two rooms, the bedroom with a full bath and a sitting room with a daybed with a trundle that pulls out and easily accommodated out two kids. Both rooms were beautifully decorated in period style with some antiques -even the modern stuff like the TV and mini fridge (both a necessity for us) was hidden inside antique cabinets. I would call the style country/Victorian-nice enough to appreciate the antique quality but not so fancy that you can't relax because your worried about your kids breaking something.
This inn had everything you could want. The Dobbin house restaurant on site has a tavern downstairs that when you enter you literally feel like you just stepped back two centuries. The main part of the restaurant upstairs has fine dining-it was a little more elegant than the tavern but still casual and kid friendly. What was really cool is that the inn itself is a mini museum. It was apparently a stop on the underground railroad and they have a little area upstairs where you can learn about the history of the house and view where they hid the runaway slaves. There was also a little gift shop right on site which, to my daughter's delight, carried Vera Bradley bags. And all the staff was friendly and accommodating.
You couldn't ask for a better location. It's walking distance to most everything down town including the cemetery and a short driving distance to the new Battlefield museum. The inn is right across the street from a photo shop that does Victorian photos and the shop had old time music playing all day. After a day of sight seeing it was great to relax on the porch swing of the inn and listen to the music from across the street.
If you're looking for an inn that's both historic and family friendly you really get the most for your money with the Gettystown Inn.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My husband 7 I stayed here for our 11Th anniversary. The room was nice & well kept. It was nice after a long day coming back to sit on the porch swing watching everyone go by. We have been going to Gettysburg for our Anniversary for 6 years now and Gettystown Inn made our stay great. The price was right the food is wonderful & the staff was very nice. Any time we needed something we got it. We will stay here again & again. And we have stayed at a lot of B&B's over the past 6 years. So thank you for everything.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2010

My husband and I have stayed in many B&Bs in the Gettysburg area, as he is a history buff, and the Gettystown Inn is our favorite. This time we stayed in the Lee suite. It has a pretty little porch out front, with a small sitting room when you walk in the door. In the back is the bedroom and bathroom.
The small refrigerator was stocked with some juice, and some snacks were provided for those late night munchies.
The mattress on the bed was absolutely wonderful, resulting in a great night's sleep.
Breakfast at the Gettystown Inn is served in the Dobbin House just across the courtyard. Tables are set wtih linens and china, and the food is some of the best anywhere!
The breakfast staff is always welcoming and accommmodating to our needs. I think their personalities and service make this one of the best B&Bs in Gettysburg!

My only issue with the Inn is that they charge a "room fee" on top of the room price. I don't know why they do this, and It is my fault for not asking, as we did not have any additional people in the room but the two of us. I think that extra charge is not fair. It is not the PA tax. It just said "room fee".

If you want a nice experience in Gettysburg, with access to all the downtown and nearby historical sites, stay at the Gettystown Inn.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2010

My husband and I stayed in the Aunt Holly Suite over Halloween 2008. It is a two-story suite at the rear of a building that has two other suites. The B&B is associated with the Dobbin House, and the (delicious!) complimentary breakfast is served at the Dobbin House, a couple of doors down. The suite was clean and neat. Complimentary snacks were served. The other suites in the building were apparently also rented, but there was no noise. We had no problem with the parking, which is in the Dobbin House Restaurant parking lot. I was a bit worried diners might take our parking even though it was marked for tenants only, but it didn't happen to us. I recommend the Gettystown B&B. The staff were friendly and helpful, unlike the manager of the horrible Gettysburg motor lodge we stayed in this past October! Be sure you book in time to avoid our awful fate in Oct. 2009!

Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple