“WE LOVED the Gettystown Inn/Dobbin House Tavern!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gettystown Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Souderton, PA
“WE LOVED the Gettystown Inn/Dobbin House Tavern!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2004

Just got back from our annual Anniversary trip to Gettysburg. It was so nice and relaxing! We stayed at the Gettystown Inn, which is a Bed & Breakfast that is part of the Dobbin House Tavern. The place is SO beautiful!! This year we stayed in the spacious Meade room (each room is named after a Civil War General!) We will always choose this one, as it is nice and roomy and even prettier than the others, which are ALL beautiful!! The room was comfy and airconditioned with cable tv and fully stocked with snacks! (Rooms without tv's are available) We ate our meals at the Dobbin House Tavern because we like the food-particularly the Reuben sandwich and Grilled Chicken Caesar salad! Yummy! The place is situated right on Steinwehr Ave which is a quaint little street lined with shops and ice cream places, etc. So nice. This is our 12th year to go. If you need any info feel free to e-mail me for pics or info. Each year we pick something new to see, and this year we chose the "Land of Little Horses", which was an absolute delight!!!! The horses are so cute and we had fun petting them and llamas and just strolling about on the land looking at the animals. I give this trip as many stars as I can squeeze in. It's a great place to visit! --Dawn :o)

12 Thank Dawn M

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed April 20, 2004

After touring the Gettysburg battlefield, I had worked up quite an appetite. The Dobbin House Tavern was just the place to satisfy my hunger. The menu choices included, but were not limited to : veal, pork, beef, chicken, and duck. Dinners that night included fresh mixed greens salad, baked white or sweet potato, and oh so yummy rolls and breads. I selected the duck. Oh...the spices were just enough to render this bird succulent. The sweet potato was plain. Butter was all that I smothered on it. Portion sizes were more than enough. The cost, including beverage, dessert, and tip came to under $30. Enjoy the ambiance, Irish music, and the food. Oh, and please visit upstairs. The bench chairs are decorated to look just like a bed...complete with bed posts. I highly recommend The Dobbin House Tavern.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 11, 2004

I took my wife and kids there to eat at the tavern below, and immediately upon entering, I felt I was slightly back in the 19th century. The staff were friendly and service was just right. The environment was slighly dark, lightened by candles on every table, and the historic decor proviced a lot of historic discussion. The food was very good and my picky kids can't wait to go back. There is much history to this place, and I was proud to eat at a place that was a stop along the underground railroad. I pity anyone who passes on this place they will be truly missing out on a Gettysburg icon.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Frackville, Pa
Reviewed February 18, 2004

We enjoyed the whole experience the first night we were there that we had dinner there the next night. We are looking forward to returning soon!

4 Thank John W
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 5, 2003

Great food, unique atmosphere with wait staff in period dress. Don't miss the onion soup in the Springhouse Tavern.

4 Thank mkbrasher
Reviewed August 6, 2003

The Dobbin House restaurant in Gettysburg was originally a civil war-era home and has an underground railroad museum in the basement that you can tour while you wait to be seated. The decor is period and the staff is dressed in period costumes. The food is fabulous (I had prime rib) and prices are according, but not unreasonable. My suggestion is to go early if you don't have reservations.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 23, 2003

The Dobbin House/Gettytown Inn is a favorite stay for my family and friends. As Civil War enthusiasts we make an annual trip to this charming and historic town. You will find the Dobbin House convienently located on the main through fare where it has stood for more than 2 centuries. The staff is always welcoming and helpful. The meals are always superb, truly first class fare. It is a highlight of every trip to Gettysburgh when we partake in a leisurely repast in one of the cozy dining rooms. The Breakfasts that the Inn provides are always exceptional and inventive. The stay there has always exceeded our expectations, I would reccomend this Inn and Resturant to anyone looking for a special dining experience or overnight stay.

22 Thank A TripAdvisor Member