All reviewsthe dobbin house tavernreynolds roomfront porchfront of the houselincoln gave the gettysburg addressstayed nightseach morningcoffee makerbelgian wafflessmall fridgenational cemeterysitting areafirst floorcivil warvisit gettysburgwonderful staymeade
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the Lincoln suite for 3 nights and it was excellent. It was large consisting of a bedroom, living room, bath and kitchen. Where to start?

The bathroom only has a shower which I wasn't expecting but no complaints just an FYI. The towels were fluffy and soft and plenty of toiletries. Loved the toiletries.

The kitchen has a huge table for 6 in it. I loved it. Old wooden table to match the house. The decor has inspired me to have my husband build me a table! The kitchen is fully equiped right down to the dish soap which I can say most places do not provide. Everyday they replace the dish towels as well so you don't have to worry about them getting stinky. I was not expecting such a thorough cleaning. Nice touch!

The bedroom is big as well with a king size 4 poster bed of the period time. It was too humourous for my husband to watch me climb into it every night. Thank goodness they had a stool. This room has a couch and couple of chairs. A dresser and a full length mirror. An amazing period type mirror, that is on its own with a stand that you can adjust it. Hope I described that right. It is a large room plenty big enough to qualify as a suite all on its own if it had a bathroom in it.

The living room which also has a trundle/daybed type couch was plenty big enough for my sister and niece to join us on one of the nights we were in town. There is a small writting desk in the living room area.

I think the suite was huge. Really bigger then I expected with books to read on the book shelf and more tv stations then any other place I have stayed in Gettysburg. I think they have every channel available!

The service staff is amazing. They were helpful and courteous. There is one woman who was very helpful. And I love that they have provided jobs that are multi task. The servers also are the house keeping staff. I think this is a great way to provide year round employment in a town that is run by the seasons. It's wonderful to see that they have found a way to keep good employees.

The food for me was so so. I have had better. With the reputation of the Dobbin House I guess I set my sites way to high. Or maybe I had a cold. My husband, sister and niece thought the food was great. It was ok to me. I have high standards on food and am not the right person to ask. The fact that breakfast is included in the price of the room makes it worth it either way. It was good food. I was just told it was the best in town and I have had better. But please don't take my review on the food for anything. Like I said I set my standards too high and expected too much.

They provide snacks in the room which most hotels charge for. They do not. So we had popcorn and Apple juice every night while watching people pass by on the porch.

The porch sits facing the cemetery and if not so cold and windy this time I would have enjoyed sitting and watching people go by. Large porch with two chairs.

Now for the only complaint. Parking. While each suite has its own designated spot some diners do not respect that these are not open spots for the restaurant. Normally such a small thing would not bother me. Sure there were plenty of other spots and one on the street right in front of the room. However, it was Friday night at the busiest restaurant in Gettysburg and all the spots were taken. Even the one assigned to our room. I can't imagine anyone being so rude. However there are a ton of people with absolutely no manners. The only way I can think for the b and b to fix it is to put a sign inside the door or outside the door, perhaps both stating NOT TO PARK IN THE ASSIGNED SPOTS. It's quite annoying and I can't imagine what guests do when the town is busy.

Overall I would stay here again. And will! The Lincoln suite was like being at home. Beautiful. I also loved the privacy of this b and b. You don't get this privacy with most of them. We felt safe and unbothered when we were inside our suite.

As for ghosts hmmmm, we had a couple experiences but nothing I could say was ghostly. Not sure but I will say there are possibilities. It is in the right spot for a haunting. The whole town is part of the battlefield so who knows....

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Staying at the Gettystown in was a great experience. We always usually stay in a hotel when we are visiting Gettysburg, but after staying at the Gettystown Inn this past August, I feel we will be staying here more often. We rented the Overlook 2 Suite, which was big enough for myself and my parents while we were visiting. The suite has a large queen bed and a sitting room that overlooks the National Cemetary. Also in the suite is a private sitting room with a pull-out sofa which I used and was very comfortable. The bathroom was very nice and newly renovated. Breakfasts were the best, fruit, breads/muffins, and a different dish every morning usually consisiting of a meat, potato, and bread or egg dish. Delicious! The service could not be better or more friendly. We have made reservations to stay here this May! The only downside was that you have one reserved parking spot for your specific room, right in front of the Dobbin House restaurant. Just be careful because many diners will ignore the signs and park in your spot even though they are not supposed to. Or, in our case, every night when we got back from going out, the same car was parked in our spot. Maybe they forgot what room they were staying in? That being said if you are active and gone most of the day seeing what Gettysburg has to offer like we are, you won't really find this to be a problem.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Brittany B
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Three of us traveled to Gettysburg during a terrible snowstorm/rainstorm combo at the end of December 2012. We stayed at the Gettystown inn in the Aunt Hollys Garden suite for 1 night. It is 2 stories with a separate bedroom and the bathroom upstairs and a mini kitchen and living room with a pull out couch downstairs. The place was cute and comfortable, especially the upstairs bedroom. The stairs were wooden and very creaky. Breakast is included at the Dobbins House. It was half off in December so it was a great buy. The only complaint was that no one swept the walks and we walked through slush. Breakfast is served between 8 and 9 at Dobbins House next door but the lot was not cleared at 8am either. Thank goodness I had tall boots. It is quite a place to see in itself--very quaint with lots of history and a mini museum. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend the Gettystown Inn accomodations to anyone who wants to get into the spirit (may be haunted) of Gettysburg. Especially during the winter when its discount makes it a super value. it does have a little porch too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PittsburghBambi
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our visit to Gettysburg was highlighter by our stay at the Gettystown Inn. The room was confortable and well maintained. The atmoasphere was electric. The breakfast exceptional. We enjoyed being so near the the Battlefield and the National Cemetary. We will be staying here a gain.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

As seasoned travelers to Gettysburg we have stayed in rented houses, hotels, and a popular bed and breakfast which we were highly disappointed inn. We finally found the Gettystown Inn and will never stay anywhere else again!! It was perfect, extremely friendly people at check-in, very comfortable room, and the perfect location. We were made to feel right at home as soon as we checked in, highly impressed & very, very happy at last! Love Gettysburg!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple