“Nice B&B” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 25 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Laurel, Maryland
“Nice B&B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were three couples who spent two nights at the Farnsworth Inn. This B&B was picked because one of the couples are into ghosts. I stayed in the Sweeney room, which was a decent room. My only complaint would be that there was no bathroom door (only a curtain) and the bed wasn't very comfortable.

Breakfast was great both mornings, everything is local.

We didn't see or hear any ghosts during our stay. I was hoping for something since this is supposedly one of the most haunted places in the country...I guess that I still am a non believer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bskasick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

As I'm a fairly frequent traveler to Gettysburg, this is usually the place I stay. It's in a great location, has a delightful history, and the rooms are well worth it.

While some of the rooms are allegedly haunted, I'm usually reading up on the battle while staying there. And even demons are afraid to bother me while I'm reading!

And I love to chat with the bartenders about, for example, "Gettysburg" cast members who occasionally grace the bar which displays some of the costumes they wore in the film.

Finally, the food and the ambiance in the restaurant can't be bet. Enjoy the place, and say hi for me!

Room Tip: Custer's nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank TimothyScanlon
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at farnsworth in the jenny wade room lovely room. No problems with check in staff was very nice. we had some experiences but not many but we where ok with this. When we first arived we placed tape on the floor and lined up four of my grandson's cars on another spott on the floor we placed tape and stacked coins and left the room for a couple hours. This was for Jeremy the boy that haunts farnsworth . When we ame back for the night my husband saw an orb go up the wall and accross the ceiling, my sister in the night had awoken to a sweet smell and a cold spott on her arm and the hair stood up almost like a cat had licked her. the best thing that happened was not until an hour b4 check out my husband was taking some last minute pictures of the room and picked up the stuffed cat by the fire place as he did this the medal bird cage in the corner went crazy not a little sway back and forth but it rocked like crazy now we alll jumped on the bed amazed at what we just saw. Cant wait to go back next year

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank dudefest
Brentwood, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Not a Farnsworth House B & B Guest? No problem - The Inn is open tot he public for breakfast and it's terrific! I just spent a week in Gettysburg and while I didn't stay at the Farnsworth - this time - I did have breakfast there every day. As well as lunch in Sweeneys Tavern one day. The Inn is one of the best in Gettysburg the staff go above and beyond and the food is always delicious! I'll be back! - Steve in Nashville

Room Tip: I have stayed in the Sara Black & the Custer rooms in the past and can highly recommend them.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ChiggerTracks
Irwin, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

On our way, I received a phone call saying there had been a mixup and the room we booked had been booked a year ago by someone else(a lie! talked to the people who stayed in this room and they had only booked it in February) and apologized profusely. They compensated us with dinner in the house and 2 ghost tour tickets. Dinner was so so. Wouldn't eat there again for the pricing. Food wasn't worth it. IMHO. But it was filling and not bad; just not worth the price. The ghost tour was the WORST part of the whole experience. The ENTIRE time the tour guide kept looking at his phone for either text messages or the time. If you don have time for this job; dont do it!!!!! The rooms are clean and NOT musty smelling as othes have reported. We wre in te McFarlane rom. Nothing happened until the morning of checkout. Suffice it to say, that part was what we came for and weren't disappointed

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Todd D
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Farnsworth for our yearly anniversary trip. We had a great time as usual. We can't compliment the staff enough. They are all always so personable & helpful -we love it there! This is the 2nd time we stayed overnight in the Sweney Room...lot's of pacing by an unseen visitor next to the bed, right outside the bathroom and outside the bedroom door. Someone (or thing) jiggling the door handle trying to get in. I'm not ashamed to say that I slept with the lights on (which didn't exactly thrill my husband :) Breakfast was awesome. Looking forward to our visit next year!

Room Tip: If you are afraid of ghost's stay away from the Black and Sweney Rooms!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheSalladinos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I were so please. We will be back. I did read the reviews but wanted to find out for myself. 1st if you come during off season, what kind of entertaiment do you think you are going to get? You should have planed better. 2nd, the house has been there since the civil war, it is not going to have that "new car smell". 3rd, since the house was built in the 1800's they did not have master bedroom. 4th, I don't think they can say "ghost we have quest today,please do something to scare them". 5th, we will be back to visit, I loved my room, very clean. And everyone was so nice.

• Stayed March 2013