Econo Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Gettysburg(Gettysburg)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanbudget hotelyork roadcoffee and juicewould stay here againmicrowavemuffinswalmartclerk
Reviewed July 3, 2013

It was my first stay at this hotel and it was affordable considering it was the 150th anniversary weekend in gettysburg. the room was a bit small, but clean, it had a nice size refrigerator and microwave, as well as a coffee maker in the room. the bed was ok, but after a day in the field in was better than sleeping on the ground. the continental breakfast could be expanded, but the area is very small and it is more a get and go breakfast. but all in all it was an ok place to stay. it did have wifi, but would use an update on the tv's and cleaner channel guide.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the second floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank walkerbail
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I like to camp in Gettysburg, but now I have two children who aren't ready for that. I stayed two nights here and the staff was very friendly. I was grateful that it was at a good rate. The only negative was that the beds were a bit too hard for me. There were other families here and they seemed to be kid-friendly which I appreciated, unlike the Super 8 which is twice the price and horrible staff/service. If you want to save some $$ to spend around Gettysburg, stay here if you can handle hard beds.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LBradley22
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Since the prices of hotels just keep sky rocketing in Gettysburg, we decided on the econo lodge this year as its a little more budget friendly. The staff there are very friendly and helpful......the whole hotel was surprisingly clean and the grounds were very nice and well kept........having said all that, the bed was the most uncomfortable I'd ever slept in. Woke up every morning with a stiff back, if they'd upgrade their beds I'd probably never stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Loucivilwarnut
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were leaving Gettysburg thinking we'd stay in a cheap motel someplace further out. I decided to check online and found the Econo Lodge in Gettysburg with a room for $67. It only had two stars but we booked anyway. (It's amazing you can find and book a motel in minutes using a smartphone!!) We were pleasantly surprised at the high quality of the room, the king-size bed, the bathroom, the service and even the simple breakfast. Everything is new, clean and well cared for. Breakfast was sweet rolls, bagels and cream cheese and blueberry muffins, plus juice and coffee if you want it - just enough to send us on our way. If we are ever in this area again, we will stay here. There is absolutely nothing negative about this motel. And at $67, it was a steal!

Room Tip: There's a train that runs nearby but I didn't hear it even though we were close to the tracks. Quality windows, maybe?
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kaye N
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel should be avoided. We spent 2 nights on a volunteer work weekend at the park. On Saturday morning we left at 7:30 am and returned to clean up at 3 pm. A used towel and the one used soap were gone. The bed was not changed or made.

We left again at 3:45 pm for a ranger talk and when we returned nothing had changed. Sunday morning on leaving we explained our disappointment and the manager was more interested in trying to call the cleaning staff rather than sincerely apologize.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family