“Wish the beds were more comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Pomeroy, Ohio
“Wish the beds were more comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Since the prices of hotels just keep sky rocketing in Gettysburg, we decided on the econo lodge this year as its a little more budget friendly. The staff there are very friendly and helpful......the whole hotel was surprisingly clean and the grounds were very nice and well kept........having said all that, the bed was the most uncomfortable I'd ever slept in. Woke up every morning with a stiff back, if they'd upgrade their beds I'd probably never stay anywhere else!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Loucivilwarnut

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Provo, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were leaving Gettysburg thinking we'd stay in a cheap motel someplace further out. I decided to check online and found the Econo Lodge in Gettysburg with a room for $67. It only had two stars but we booked anyway. (It's amazing you can find and book a motel in minutes using a smartphone!!) We were pleasantly surprised at the high quality of the room, the king-size bed, the bathroom, the service and even the simple breakfast. Everything is new, clean and well cared for. Breakfast was sweet rolls, bagels and cream cheese and blueberry muffins, plus juice and coffee if you want it - just enough to send us on our way. If we are ever in this area again, we will stay here. There is absolutely nothing negative about this motel. And at $67, it was a steal!

Room Tip: There's a train that runs nearby but I didn't hear it even though we were close to the track...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kaye N
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel should be avoided. We spent 2 nights on a volunteer work weekend at the park. On Saturday morning we left at 7:30 am and returned to clean up at 3 pm. A used towel and the one used soap were gone. The bed was not changed or made.

We left again at 3:45 pm for a ranger talk and when we returned nothing had changed. Sunday morning on leaving we explained our disappointment and the manager was more interested in trying to call the cleaning staff rather than sincerely apologize.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John R
Warner, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed there as the opening leg of our cross country journey and were quite satisfied. The motel was clean, neat and nicely arranged while the service was efficient and friendly. One thing that pleased us was the rate being exactly what was showing on the internet which we have been finding not to be the case at other places; some very questionable practices out there. Overallocation a good value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Found hair on the pillowcase when we arrived so couldn't be sure the sheets had been changed. Wallpaper peeling in the bathroom. Carpets frayed and poorly installed. Dirty grout on tiles in bathroom floor. Should have left but there were few rooms available anywhere else. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013
Wading River, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

my brother in law and I stayed here. I was in town for business, it was clean and comfortable. it's a no frills hotel that is good place to sleep. I would stay here again. its at the Best Western Hotel, but it is 1/3 the price.

• Stayed April 2013
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Will not stay here again, had a bad experience from the time I went to check in.
The lady at the desk first accused me of not requesting type of room I requested and made me show her proof that I did...then said " I'll switch it this time, but next time I won't"....here's a heads up there won't be a next time...then she argued with me over which site I booked the room through telling me " I am looking at it right here" to which wasn't the site I booked through as I also had it on my confirmation and billing statement...so needless to say I was already irritated by the rudeness before I even got the room keys. When we got into the room we notice that the lock had been broken off the door, the also we had the do not disturb sign on the door the whole time which I guess gets ignored because when we cane in housekeeping had been there. The only soda machine was out of order so make sure you bring your own drinks...also the so called breakfast is a coffee pot and a small pastry container in the check in office...the only positive thing I can say about this is that the rooms are cleaned well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family