“first stop on a long trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Warner, New Hampshire
“first stop on a long trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed there as the opening leg of our cross country journey and were quite satisfied. The motel was clean, neat and nicely arranged while the service was efficient and friendly. One thing that pleased us was the rate being exactly what was showing on the internet which we have been finding not to be the case at other places; some very questionable practices out there. Overallocation a good value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Found hair on the pillowcase when we arrived so couldn't be sure the sheets had been changed. Wallpaper peeling in the bathroom. Carpets frayed and poorly installed. Dirty grout on tiles in bathroom floor. Should have left but there were few rooms available anywhere else. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Gettysburg hotels

Wading River, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

my brother in law and I stayed here. I was in town for business, it was clean and comfortable. it's a no frills hotel that is good place to sleep. I would stay here again. its at the Best Western Hotel, but it is 1/3 the price.

• Stayed April 2013
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Will not stay here again, had a bad experience from the time I went to check in.
The lady at the desk first accused me of not requesting type of room I requested and made me show her proof that I did...then said " I'll switch it this time, but next time I won't"....here's a heads up there won't be a next time...then she argued with me over which site I booked the room through telling me " I am looking at it right here" to which wasn't the site I booked through as I also had it on my confirmation and billing statement...so needless to say I was already irritated by the rudeness before I even got the room keys. When we got into the room we notice that the lock had been broken off the door, the also we had the do not disturb sign on the door the whole time which I guess gets ignored because when we cane in housekeeping had been there. The only soda machine was out of order so make sure you bring your own drinks...also the so called breakfast is a coffee pot and a small pastry container in the check in office...the only positive thing I can say about this is that the rooms are cleaned well.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MCC258
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

For just an overnight, this is a good, clean place to stay at a really low price! The room itself was much cleaner than I anticipated for the price. They could stand to get some new mattresses and box springs, however, as the double beds in our room were very soft and squeaky. There is no breakfast, other than coffee and donuts in the office and no place to sit but, again, for the price, this was not an issue. Staff friendly and helpful. Would consider another stay.

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Service was excellent, with a quick check in and check out. There were only 2 other cars in the parking lot all night, so that was a little unnerving, but the stay was nice.

The Bathroom: The bathroom was very clean and nice, but the door was way too big, you couldn't open it all the way because it would hit the bath tub. The shower was nice, but it wouldn't drain all the way, so you were standing in 2 inches of water while showing.

The Room: The room was pretty clean, and didn't smell bad, which I often worry about when staying at hotels which have a smoking option. The TV was very old, but it worked.

Location: The location was perfect, very close to walmart and other stores, as well as the historical sights. We didn't need to drive more than 10 minutes to get to any destination we wanted to go!

However, we showed up during the continental breakfast time, and there was nothing there, which was a little disappointing, but from the looks of the breakfast location, it wouldn't have been anything to die for.

Overall, this was a pretty nice hotel and a good price. I wouldn't mind staying there again!

york, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have no issues with this location. My stay was pleasant and quiet. The room was clean and had a fridge and micro. I like the location and don't care about the lack of breakfast. Remember, free breakfasts aren't really free, nor are they good. If you want a nice safe, quiet place to stay, then stay here. Be sure to look at the amenities before you book a room.

Room Tip: No elevator. No pool. No breakfast. The rooms do have hair dryers and my room had a fridge and micro...