“Clean, basic rooms”

Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Flemington, New Jersey
“Clean, basic rooms”
Reviewed January 15, 2008

Check in: Was informed that the price we booked on their own site was incorrect, but they honored it anyway.

Room: (Non-Smoking, King Bed) Clean, a few burn marks on blanket. Melted ice was still in ice bucket from previous guest.

Bathroom: Clean, but small. Hand and bath soap was provied as well as shampoo. Towels: Medium rough, but usable.

Bed: King, comfy. 3 pillows, got 4th from office.

Do Not Disturb Sign: None to be found.

Front Desk: Didn't anwser the phone, and was closed when we attemtped to check out at 8:30 AM.

Breakfast: None to be found, even though it was advertised on their website.

Overall: Clean room, but not as advertised. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Liked — Large TV
  • Disliked — Lack of advertised breakfast
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New Jersey
Reviewed January 14, 2008

The room was mostly clean an spacious. Someone before us used the ice bucket and it had not been cleaned out. I had to walk to the office to ask for an extra pillow since they did not answer the phone when we called and the next day when we went to check out the door was locked with a sign saying "back in 20 minutes".
There was no breakfast at all - not even coffee in the office... but we were going out anyway (still if it is advertisedit should be there)

But all in all it was not bad. we paid $49 for a king room with a small pull out couch, micro and fridge - although they told us the price was wrong and "did not know how we got it" well I booked it from the AAA website and they honored the rate - thed bed was fine and the couch comfy we only stayed one night and probably would stay again for the same price but no higher

• Liked — couch was nice
  • Disliked — ice bucket issue, having to get my own extra pillow
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Gettysburg hotels

Lancaster County PA
Reviewed November 4, 2006

First time staying at this motel and will happily stay there again. I did a search on the Internet looking for a low price as all I wanted was a place to sleep the one night. I took my chances that it would be clean and I was not disappointed. The room was a nice size and the bathroom clean. The sheets and pillow cases were crisp and clean. I talked to the owner lady when checking in and she was very friendly. I had already booked through Orbitz. My room was on the second floor of this two floor motel. Although this motel is right on the main road going into Gettysburg (York Road Route 30), I did not hear any traffic during the night. In fact all was quiet and the motel had plenty of guests. I only had one complaint and that is the supplied shampoo is too perfumy smelling (but I carry my own anyway just in case). If that is the only thing I have to complain about I am happy. Although I only used the color television (cable), the room also had a refrigerator, iron, micro wave oven, telephone and AC or heat. The room had two large double beds and was a nice size with coat rack with hangers at one end. Opening the curtain there is a nice view of a small mountainside towards Gettysburg. The bathroom has a doorway that is on a slant instead of the normal door. But it makes for a wide door where a wheelchair could probably get in. You wouldn't be able to close the door with the chair in there, but at least there is access. The shower, toilet and sink were all clean and plenty of clean towels and wash cloths for two people. The shower worked well with plenty of hot water. There was also an electric hair dryer on the wall of the bathroom. The bathroom had an electric fan vent to get the steam out too. By the way, this motel is less than five minutes off the main road of Rte 15 on Rte 30. If you are traveling business 15 and get off on 30, head west towards Gettsburg then keep your eye peeled within a minute on the left side, as you can get past the motel before you know it. In the morning when I checked out, I noticed that they had coffee, tea and some kind of donuts and crimpets for a continental breakfast but I was heading out for a real breakfast at a restaurant so didn't try it. The location is excellent for touring the whole Gettysburg area as it is very close to town. Nearby is just about anything you need as long as you can drive. I suppose you could walk if you desired. Within probably 4 miles I remember seeing a Shell or Sheets super station that has all the goods of sandwiches, sodas and all kinds of food. Across the walk was a Subway or Quiznos (can't remember which). There was a Walmart down the road, a small shopping center with a Sam Goody, Staples, dollar store and some others. There was a McDonalds a Brusters ice cream, a large movie theatre complex and a host of other stores. You get the idea, just about anything you need is within a short distance. Also nearby if money is not an object are plenty of the more expensive hotels like Wyndham, etc. But for me, I don't need to be pampered. I'm just looking for a clean place away from home that isn't too expensive. I paid $59 for the night and the big name hotels nearby were over $100 per night. I hope this helps anyone who is also looking for a low cost motel, to get a shower and sleep on clean sheets and maybe watch a little TV. Overall I rate the Counrty Hearth Inn a very good value for the price.

Stayed November 2006
2 Thank Dutchland
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 1, 2006

We stayed at the Country Hearth Inn in April. We stayed while attending Gettysburg College events. The inn keeper and his wife were very nice, very accomodating. They work very hard at maintaining the inn. When ever we had a need or a question they were quick to help. Yes the "breakfast" was just coffee and pastries, but it's a small place you don't stay here and expect the "Hampton" . Be real. We stayed on the second floor, the room was immaculate, newly renovated within the last year. The bathroom was large,clean and had enought towels for 4 people. With soap,shampoo and cups. They even fanned out the towls decoratively and folded the tissue. Honestly it's a motel, well kept by nice people. If you don't like motels, don't stay. There are lots of fast food places just up the street, as well as a walmart if you forgot something. Oh yes and they do supply a micorwave, fridge and cable tv. We will be staying again.

• Stayed April 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed April 15, 2006

Well, i cannot complain about the motel.
For a motel, it was average, when we got our room, it was very spacious, but the bathroom toilet was dirty, but they cleaned it right away. Staff was very friendly. There are a lot of resturants near by too. Their continental breakfast was more of a "go to the office of the motel and come back with a donught" type breakfast. it was just a counter with donughts and fruits. Overall it wasent bad. there was also a microwave and frige off to the side of the room, which was useful since we brought some soda and juices with us. Buget travelers will most like this hotel. The rooms were pretty big which was good too.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank Travel92
Maryland
Reviewed November 7, 2005

My family and I stayed here this past weekend. I made the reservation here primarily because of the rates and the amenities that were described on the corporate web site for Country Hearth Inns.

However I was extremely disappointed the amenities described on the site are not what you actually receive at this hotel. If you take a look at the web site, you'll notice they describe having "The Inncredible" breakfast consisting of ceral, muffins, and waffles. Nothing can be further from what was actually offered...a small tray of donuts, a few bananas, coffee, and juice...that's it. Don't expect an eating area similar to what you would find at Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn, Fairfield Inn, etc. The donuts are just set out in tiny office area that doesn't contain any chairs or tables. Free breakfast is a major reason I made a reservation here; needless to say what was offered wasn't the least bit "Inncredible" or sufficient to feed my family and so we went out to eat and lost any cost savings by staying at this hotel.

If you do stay here, I don't recommend staying on the ground floor. We did stay on the ground floor and could hear every footstep of the folks above us. Sound seemed to travel so easily from the room above us that we could easily hear their bathroom door squeaking loudly every time it was opened, which was quite often in the morning.

On the plus side, the room was clean, had a microwave and fridge, and was priced competitively. I however will not be staying here again. The next time I'll stay where a more substantial breakfast is offered (and described accurately), and where the rooms are a bit quieter. One more thing; don't expect fresh baked cookies at check in as described on the web site either.

• Stayed November 2005
4 Thank John B
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 26, 2005

When we stayed, the inn was brand new. It was amazingly clean and spacious, and the staff was quite friendly. The bed was wonderfully comfortable and the refrigerator, microwave and couch made it even more enjoyable. On the outskirts of town, I would highly recommend this inn to anyone visiting Gettysburg.

• Stayed October 2005