“Very enjoyable tour”

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable tour”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We love to go on ghost tours whenever we visit go on vacation and have taken several on our trips to Gettysburg, more for the local stories than for the ghost aspect of it. We had a great guide, Ken, who was a former history teacher and really was enthusiastic and very knowledgable. Well worth it.

Visited October 2012

Monmouth County, NJ
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Lots of fun...and a bit spooky”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Harry was our tour guide. Very friendly man and he wanted us all to enjoy the experience and even gave us extra time because of what happened on the tour - I'll explain in a bit. We left from the Dobbin House and eventually made our way to a middle school across the street. This was the tour in which "equipment" is used to find ghosts. My daughter (16) and I attended while on an overnight visit. It was a beautiful night and the walk wasn't too far. We are cynical and non-believers of this new era of chasing spirits with equipment but thought this would be a fun thing to do at 9:30pm instead of staying in the hotel. Yes, we watch those shows on TV for entertainment. BUT I have to say we had a very "unexplainable" experience with the group. Both her and I were trying to discredit what was happening during our "meeting" by watching intently to what was happening but both us walked away in amazement, unable to explain away what happened. And it didn't happen to Harry, it happened to a woman who was on the tour and my daughter. Hard to explain more than this, but I would recommend this tour whether you are a believer or not. It would have been fun just to be able to do what they do on TV but like I said, we had an interesting experience.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank IrishChief
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best ghost tour in Gettysburg!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was the best ghost tour my husband and I have ever been on. This is NOT the tour for you if you are looking for things that go bump in the night and a guide who will guarantee a paranormal experience if you buy some piece of expensive equipment. This is a tour based on historical events and actual experiences. Our tour guide, Ken, was extremely knowledgeable about the history of the war and the town. By inter-weaving historical fact with stories and tales, he really brought the area alive for us and made us wonder what might be. Unlike some of the other tours in the area, there were no false guarantees made to us and they didn't heap on the corny, hyped up ghost stories. My husband and I are fans of history and this tour really rang true for us. As mentioned in other reviews, our guide did mention that each tour guide has to research their own stories and decide what to include on the tour. For us, that was a huge plus as our guide's speech never seemed rehearsed or memorized. Ken even took a few extra minutes with our group after the tour was over to talk with us. We really enjoyed ourselves and would recommend this tour over the others any day!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank MDKelly
Rockford, IL
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best Ghost Tour in Gettysburg”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Ken was a wonderful guide and his knowledge of Gettysburg history was phenomenal! My husband and I had our own "private" tour during our visit and Ken did not disappoint!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank har1ey_gir1
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Boring”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have no idea what some of these other reviewers are thinking, but this tour was a waste of time. I guess you get what you pay for, but our tour guide was uninteresting, constantly losing his train of thought, and did more rambling than anything. The title is very misleading; it is not a ghost tour. Instead, it was a meandering 2 block walk that lasted over two hours while being told silly stories. Not believable. Incredibly disappointing. Take my advice and walk around town in the darkby yourself.

Visited July 2012