“Good food, good service, plus BYOB, can't beat it”
Review of Montezuma

Montezuma
Ranked #28 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Our 2nd visit, went for Cinco de Mayo, the plce was very busy. Friendly staff, they all work as a team. Very attentive with drinks refills, removing dishes. Ordered the fajitas for 2 combined chicken and beef, which was more chopped than chunks. Tomatoes, onions and peppers are all grilled together with the flavorful meat. Served so hot, the smoke alarm above our table went off! 2 seperate sides of rice and beans, plus lettuce, sour cream and guacamole, with 3 hot flour tortillas each.
Free warm chips and great salsa served immediately when you sit down.
No way is this taco bell...we like it better than Costenos on the other end of town and will be back!

1  Thank Mike T
There are newer reviews for Montezuma

Reviewed April 15, 2011

How disappointing! We were really looking forward to trying Montezuma, and it was such a let-down. The restaurant smelled like strong cleaning solution, the employees' kids were running around the dining room screeching, and the food was salty and unappetizing. I honestly think Taco Bell would have been a better choice.

We had shrimp and chorizo fajitas and a combination platter. The ground beef had a bizarre texture like it had been frozen too long. The cheese melted on top our chile relleno tasted just like American, the enchilada and chimichanga simply tasted like bland mystery meat with no flavor at all. And when I picked up my fajita to take a bite, I noticed mold all along the edge of the tortilla. This seems like a family run restaurant, so I am really disappointed that we won't be able to support it. The food was simply awful.

Reviewed March 16, 2011

Coming from California, I was so excited to find a Mexican restaurant in Gettysburg!!! But the food was awful. my refried beans were so liquidy they literally DRIPPED off of my fork, and apparently this restaurant considers a chalupa to be a small corn tortilla. what!?? it wasnt even fried! There were huge chunks of clumped up cheese in my taco too, and the rice didnt taste like anything. I asked for hot sauce and im not even sure what they brought me in a little bowl... it was sauce, but it sure wasnt spicy at all!!!

I think this restaurant would be ok for someone who has never had actual Mexican food before, maybe, but if you have ever had good Mexican then you might be disappointed because the food didnt taste like anything, VERY bland, and the servers were not even nice to us. :-(

Reviewed March 5, 2011

The food is okay. It's the type of place you go to if the better restaurants in Gettysburg are closed. It's okay, but nothing special.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

I own a business in town and am constantly looking for a good lunch. Since I found this little gem on the menu, it's all I've ordered. They serve three tacos, each on double corn tortillas, so you can actually split them and have up to six tacos. The sauce this comes with is very tasty. Absolutely my favorite thing on the menu.

I was surprised to see a couple rave reviews of the chile rellenos. I've had them there twice and was really disappointed. Maybe they have a new chef or something. I'll have to try those out next time I go out there.