“Terrible food, bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Montezuma

Montezuma
Ranked #25 of 128 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California
“Terrible food, bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

Coming from California, I was so excited to find a Mexican restaurant in Gettysburg!!! But the food was awful. my refried beans were so liquidy they literally DRIPPED off of my fork, and apparently this restaurant considers a chalupa to be a small corn tortilla. what!?? it wasnt even fried! There were huge chunks of clumped up cheese in my taco too, and the rice didnt taste like anything. I asked for hot sauce and im not even sure what they brought me in a little bowl... it was sauce, but it sure wasnt spicy at all!!!

I think this restaurant would be ok for someone who has never had actual Mexican food before, maybe, but if you have ever had good Mexican then you might be disappointed because the food didnt taste like anything, VERY bland, and the servers were not even nice to us. :-(

• Visited March 2011

Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Ok if you like fast-food mexican (similar Taco Bell)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2011

The food is okay. It's the type of place you go to if the better restaurants in Gettysburg are closed. It's okay, but nothing special.

• Visited December 2010
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Try the Carnitas Tacos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

I own a business in town and am constantly looking for a good lunch. Since I found this little gem on the menu, it's all I've ordered. They serve three tacos, each on double corn tortillas, so you can actually split them and have up to six tacos. The sauce this comes with is very tasty. Absolutely my favorite thing on the menu.

I was surprised to see a couple rave reviews of the chile rellenos. I've had them there twice and was really disappointed. Maybe they have a new chef or something. I'll have to try those out next time I go out there.

• Visited February 2011
Warrendale, Pennsylvania
“Best Chili Relleno I've ever had!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

Found the restaurant via internet. Met a Colleague upon arrival and he gave great review, "I could close my eyes and pick anything and it would be good." He was right!! Salsa caught our attention right off; just enough spice and heat to keep you interested and hooked. The Chili Relleno was the best I've ever had and I've had them all over the USA and Latin America. Try the shrimp and chorizo dish, outstanding! Worth the wait; they're busy because of the food and service. See you there the next time I'm in Gettysburg!

• Visited January 2011
Hamilton
“Fantastic service, vast menu, made with pride.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

This place should not be missed if you even might like Mexican. Very prompt attentive service like I've never seen. Delicious but simple tortillas with a unique salsa arrived immediately while we browsed a huge menu, which the wait staff knew extremely well if you have questions.

Unique dishes, endless combination platters, and translations of what each dish is on the back page.

Very generous portions, great fresh flavours and presentation, along with the best staff I've seen in a restaurant in years.

Don't miss it. Skip the Appalachian Grill which is further down the road.

• Visited January 2011