“Our favorite ghost tours!”

Ghosts of Gettysburg
Ranked #16 of 29 Tours in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The “Ghosts of Gettysburg Tours” are best described as a combination of history and mystery. The battle that took place in Gettysburg was horrific. We do our best to treat the men who gave their lives with the respect they deserve. We use ghost stories, as relayed to Mr. Nesbitt by those who have experienced them, to explore what happened here. Anyone can make up a scary ghost story, but somehow, knowing that people experienced the ghostly happenings that our guides describe, has to make one wonder if an encounter is in your own future! Our tours include as much of the town as can be walked comfortably. The buildings in Gettysburg are all privately owned, but from what we've been told, just as many ghosts are wandering the streets as are hanging out within four walls! If you're looking for a "halloween haunted house" kind of experience, this is not the tour for you!
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

As I previously reviewed, I am obsessed with Mark Nesbitt's "Ghosts of Gettysburg" books and took two tours here last year. This year we took the kids. This isn't a "woogie-boogie" type of scary thing. These tours are informative and present stories told in a diplomatic way. They take you to the spot where each story happened and never try to make you believe, just present stories told and leave you to ponder for yourself. I love that!

Our guide this year was Ray, and let me tell you, he was fantastic! He brought lollipops for the kids, and let them carry his lantern. It was very appropriate for the children, yet gave enough for the adults to enjoy it as well. He told us so many stories, not just ghost stories, but also lots of history. He told us a few extra stories and ended up going over the estimated hour long tour time. He was so great, he left us wanting more! He told us he was a history major in college, which you can tell. He is so good with the history of the town and the war, I wanted so badly to talk to him all night! His stories were complete, well described, spooky and informative. I would definitely recommend these tours, and if you can, get Ray as your guide!

2  Thank Jesseca A
"paranormal activity"
in 5 reviews
"personal stories"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 4 reviews
"lots of history"

Reviewed September 5, 2017

We (family of 4; kids ages 9 and 13) did this tour on a Sunday night over Labor Day weekend with Ms. Sandy as our guide. Ms. Sandy was fantastic! She was not overly dramatic like some of the other tours we've been on the in the area and we loved that there were new stories added to the store as compared to the last time my husband and I took this same tour about 8 years ago. It was just a lot of fun and we had a great night for the walk. So nice to be on a tour without tons of ghost hunting equipment too. Good folklore and story telling and we really thought we got a lot for our money. It was only $10 per person and was nearly 2 hours long! Highly recommend!

2  Thank nikolaik
Reviewed August 27, 2017

Our tour guide, Nick was amazing. I had no idea how haunted Gettysburg really was. The tour office is also haunted by several ghosts. I got to communicate with one of them, I found out her name was Mary Kitzmiller. That was such an incredible experience. So many documented sightings of soldiers who's spirits are still trapped here. Also got to meet Mark Nesbitt and talk with him, which was also an amazing experience. If you are in Gettysburg, this ghost tour is a MUST SEE!!!!

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

We were lucky and it was a lovely night to stroll throughout the town of Gettysburg. Our guide Nick was incredibly knowledgeable and gave first hand accounts of paranormal experiences as well as shared some from previous visitors. I think you could easily take this tour numerous times and always find something new. Definitely one of the bests!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 25, 2017

Now, I've been on a few ghost tours and varying other level of tours, and this one was just pretty awful. What a waste of an hour and $20 (10 a person). I had taken this tour originally maybe 20+ years ago and thought it was good (sure I may have been like 12), but Mark Nesbitt was the one who started the craze, so I thought maybe it'd stand the test of time. Nope.

I won't mention our tour guide, nice guy seemed to enjoy what he does but wasn't a great story teller, and I will tally this up to poor training.

Here it is in a nutshell. There are no real ghost stories, it was just a couple things in areas that we were near. We spent most of the time on busy Baltimore street and then in a parking lot. it wasn't spooky, interesting or fun. Most of the stories weren't even ghost related but battle or history related. At no point was I interested, most of the teens on the tour were on their phone. I feel a ghost tour should have you spooked a bit or on the edge of your seat with how the story is told and what the experience was, but really, we learned about people sometimes smelling stuff. What few actual ghost experiences were told we just lame and boring. I don't expect poltergeist but c'mon give me something.

This guy has written 7 books about the "Ghosts" of Gettysburg and is working on his 8th, there should be more than enough to fill an hour and make your guests feel like they're getting experience not just a jaunt down one or two streets. It was so disappointing. To be honest, I'd skip all of these tours in town. Wander the battlefield or stay at haunted in, but avoid these tourist trap tours.

1  Thank Brandon E