“Best Ghost Tour I've been on!”

Ghosts of Gettysburg
Ranked #16 of 30 Tours in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The “Ghosts of Gettysburg Tours” are best described as a combination of history and mystery. The battle that took place in Gettysburg was horrific. We do our best to treat the men who gave their lives with the respect they deserve. We use ghost stories, as relayed to Mr. Nesbitt by those who have experienced them, to explore what happened here. Anyone can make up a scary ghost story, but somehow, knowing that people experienced the ghostly happenings that our guides describe, has to make one wonder if an encounter is in your own future! Our tours include as much of the town as can be walked comfortably. The buildings in Gettysburg are all privately owned, but from what we've been told, just as many ghosts are wandering the streets as are hanging out within four walls! If you're looking for a "halloween haunted house" kind of experience, this is not the tour for you!
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I took the Ghosts of Gettysburg's Carlisle St. Tour on Monday, 10 June. I have been on at least 7 Ghost Tours (5 in Gettysburg with various other tour companies) and this one was the absolute best. Our tour guide Steve was a great story teller and the stories were very good as well. I've been coming to Gettysburg for many years and know quite a bit about the town's history but Steve still had a couple of stories that I hadn't heard. It was a fun time and well worth the price. On my next trip (later this year) I'll be trying out the Ghosts of Gettysburg Baltimore St. or Steinwehr Ave. tour.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We paid $11 each inc. tax for this approximately 2 hour tour. The tour does not enter any buildings. There were about 60 people gathered at the start, and we were divided into three groups. We were with a female guide. We were knowledgeable about the town and gleaned little additional information. Our 9 year old even wanted to be scared, but wasn't because the guide was so unenthusiastic. We got within earshot of Bill, and he seemed enthralling! She complained because she had "trained" him and he took her usual spot. Bah humbug. The guides expect to be tipped, and she alluded to this more than once.

1  Thank ParistoCapeCod
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was my second visit to Gettysburg. Also, my second ghost tour. The tour was not bad we could have had a more energetic guide. We only walked to one location and sat on the same steps for 30 minutes. The guide had a very monitone voice and was putting people to sleep.

1  Thank Ira F
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have been on 2 great ghost tours, one in New Orleans, and one in Savannah. I wasn't crazy about doing this, because Gettysburg is sacred ground to me and my husband. But, we have a 16 year-old son, and he wanted to, so we went on the last tour of the night. It was fine, our guide was a good storyteller, and we actually learned a few historical facts. Scary-not quite. My son enjoyed it, though.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is the worst tour I've ever been on in my life. If you do decide to go and a lady named Ann is your tour guide immediately ask for your money back. She couldn't tell a story if her life depended on it and spent half of our tour asking where people were from and how she doesn't have cable TV. We left the tour after 25 minutes it was so bad.

1  Thank ScottAnnapolis