“No Ghosts but Good Stories”

Ghosts of Gettysburg
Ranked #16 of 29 Tours in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The “Ghosts of Gettysburg Tours” are best described as a combination of history and mystery. The battle that took place in Gettysburg was horrific. We do our best to treat the men who gave their lives with the respect they deserve. We use ghost stories, as relayed to Mr. Nesbitt by those who have experienced them, to explore what happened here. Anyone can make up a scary ghost story, but somehow, knowing that people experienced the ghostly happenings that our guides describe, has to make one wonder if an encounter is in your own future! Our tours include as much of the town as can be walked comfortably. The buildings in Gettysburg are all privately owned, but from what we've been told, just as many ghosts are wandering the streets as are hanging out within four walls! If you're looking for a "halloween haunted house" kind of experience, this is not the tour for you!
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We went Friday night and the weather was good. I am not a believer so I wasn't surprised we didn't see any ghosts. Our guide was Steve and he had a lot of good stories and he did a great job delivering them. We had a good time.

1  Thank rxdadof2
"paranormal activity"
in 5 reviews
"personal stories"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 4 reviews
"lots of history"

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We have been to Ghosts of Gettysburg several time. I enjoy it very much. The tour guides are very nice and friendly. The guides had nice stories about history and ghosts.

1  Thank nnb916
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We just walked around downtown and heard some supposed "ghost"stories and historical facts. Not worth the money.

1  Thank Rich P
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Without naming names, my friend and I went on another "well-reputed" ghost tour last night. It was enjoyable, but nothing to write home about. Well, tonight, we went on a Ghosts of Gettysburg tour with Annie, and I will never forget our experience. Not only did Annie tell some chilling stories, but she also taught me some things about little known Gettysburg places, which definitely intrigued me, given that I've been visiting Gettysburg all of my life. I also really enjoyed the fact that as a spectator, you could tell that Annie really loves telling stories. She got into the stories and was dramatic, but not in a way that made it seem hokey or over-the-top. If you're looking for a ghost hunt, this might not be the tour for you, but I thought it was neat that Annie gave us ideas about different places and landmarks to check out once the tour ended. Annie definitely knows her stuff. Nowadays, it is becoming more and more difficult to find an authentic experience minus all of the flamboyant commercialism, but I'll tell you this--Ghosts of Gettysburg tours are the most authentic that you will find in this town. Annie was even gracious enough to talk for a while after the tour with my friend and I regarding a strange recording we took at the Jennie Wade House earlier in the day. If you're in town and you're interested in finding an authentic ghost tour, definitely check out Mark Nesbitt's Ghost of Gettysburg tours! (And ask for Annie!)

2  Thank Jess M