“Very impressed”

Inn at Cemetery Hill
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed May 31, 2010

For the price I thought this would not be the greatest hotel but it got good reviews. I was pleasantly suprised! It was such a nice place to stay. The room is very nice, the location could not be any better, the breakfast was great...overall just really happy with the location. Only complaints were that check in was 3p and we weren't allowed in the room until 4p because our room wasn't clean yet. And then we were on the first floor and next time I think I would ask for 2nd floor. You could hear every door slam & the people above us running around. But for $84 memorial day weekend, I could deal!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed March 10, 2010

I almost always stay here when I'm in Gettysburg, and when traveling with a dog, this is hands down the bast choice in town. As alway great room, very clean and the location can't be beat. I get some of the best sleep at this hotel. The rooms are large and I still love that the bathroom light works as a night lite.

Two complant though this time. First as a person who travels with a dog I know they make noise. But someone a few doors down from myself left their dog in the room while they were out, The dog barked and whined for over an hour, the hotel needs a policy about this, but I don't fault them, I fault the owner. The second problem had to do with not having internet. I complained twice, and was told once they were have trouble with their service, and then I was told sorry it happens. I have to work when I travel, sorry it happens isn't an answer. As I have stayed in other rooms in thei hotel, without a problem, I'm thinking that my room just may have been to far away from the server.

Still though I would like to say I will stay at the Travelodge again when I'm town. Just wont stay in the same room.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Making a spontaneous trip through town we decided to stay the night, Travelodge offered us the best price and location. We have been to Gettysburg a few times now, but never stayed at Travelodge before. Location is perfect, close to the cemetery, battlefields, dobbin house, shops and right beside o'rorke's. Breakfast is typical continental (muffins/pastry/cereal/juice). If you're not looking for anything fancy and convience is important is is a good bet.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2009

The Travelodge in beautiful and historic Gettysburg, Pa offers all of the conveniences of home. Spotless rooms (including bathrooms) priced just right centered in one of the most historic towns in the United States. Friendly and prompt service. Literally 50 yards from anything you desire -- convenience store, restaurants, ice cream shops, candy stores, and ghost tours. My group reserved 10 at rooms at a time throughout the fall and never had one bad experience.

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Very clean and comfortable rooms. Super location within walking distance of several great restaurants and surrounded by the historic district of Gettysburg.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2009

We picked the Travelodge for its price and location. We wanted to see the battlefield both by tour bus and on our own, wanted to hit some of the "tourist traps" and a ghost tour, and just wanted to experience some of the town and its eateries and shops in general.

We were quite happy with our choice of the Travelodge. We really had no complaints about the room, except maybe the lack of a refrigerator and/or microwave. We kept the drinks we brought in our cooler cold via several trips to the ice machine. I slept well and the shower was great. The TV worked great. What more could you ask for?

We had a first-floor room over at the wing close to the street and we loved sitting out on the porch at various times of the day because the weather was so nice.

The breakfast was very good. I had a bagel, a muffin and yogurt each day along with orange juice and coffee, pretty much what I have for breakfast at home. Even moreso.

Now back to the location: Except for our own car tour of the battlefield, our van was pretty much left parked for the duration of our stay. We walked across the street to the double-decker bus tour and up the street to the presidents museum and the cemetery and Gettysburg Address monument. We walked down the other direction to some eateries and shops and a ghost tour. My wife and daughter walked down to a second ghost tour as well. So it turned out to be a very nice location for us.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Pros: Good breakfast in the morning, in the middle of the quaintest part of town, Comfy bed, clean linens, SUPER CLEAN shower and tub. Restaurant next door was great. Vending machines fairly priced.
Cons: I was on a ground level room, and my curtains were sheer. I had to use the bedspread to get full privacy.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business