“Excellent”

Inn at Cemetery Hill
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Indiana & Pittsburgh
Reviewed April 11, 2005

Not only did this place feel cozy, but it's also in a great location. We could walk to almost all the most famous sites in town! Plus, it was pet friendly, which was really important to us. They don't even charge a fee. The 2nd building, which we stayed in, felt more like a small cottage than a hotel room.

• Stayed: April 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed October 5, 2004

We stayed at the Travelodge Gettysburg for 2 nights during early August 2004.

We found the motel to be excellently positioned in the town, with easy walking access to the local Battlefield attractions and a short drive to others. Situated close to shopping and dining areas.

The room was pretty standard for a motel of this type and age, but it was clean, tidy and comfortable. As mentioned in other reviews, we found the front desk staff to have rather blaise attitude without being overly friendly or unfriendly.

Would definetely stay here again due to its excellent location.

6  Thank us2000
Reviewed September 17, 2004

The motel is in a great location and the rooms are always neat and clean. We are very comfortable there. But, I agree with the person who wrote ahead of me about the staff. They are not the nicest people we have ever run into and act like you are disturbing them when checking in or out. Then again, what can you expect from the teenagers that they have working the front desk. Friends of ours stayed in a room very close to the front desk last October when there was a loud party going on a room near theirs. When they complained to the desk that they paid good money and couldn't sleep, the desk did nothing to remedy the situation...that is bad.

2  Thank Valtypes
Reviewed September 13, 2004

I always try to stay at the Travelodge when I come to Gettysburg due to its excellent location on Cemetery Ridge. This hotel is right in the middle of the shopping district, although that fact may prove a detractor for some. However, being that it is bordered on one side by Steinwehr Avenue (Emmitsburg Road) and Baltimore Street (Baltimore Pike), the traveler, it is the gateway to the battlefield.

The only thing that I do not care for is the staff at the desk, who have never been cordial or friendly, and who seem to think that they are doing you a favor allowing you to stay at their hotel. At least, this has always been my experience.

However, it is the location of the Travelodge and its cleanliness which bring me back.

3  Thank Cindy M
Reviewed August 31, 2004

We go to gettysburg at least 4 times a year.The travelodge has great location and reasonable rates.The rooms on the back side of the hotel are dark and you can take a nap even in the middle of the afternoon,after walking the battlefields all morning.The only real complaint I have is the breakfast. Most motels in gettysburg offer a continental breakfast. Most are nice enough to at least get you through a few hours.The travelodge is skimpy to say the least not even offering cream cheese with bagels. Stay at the quality inn down the road.Same price,great eats..

3  Thank kadyb3
Homer City, Pa.
Reviewed July 6, 2004

I travel to Gettysburg several times a year just because I love it there. I stay at the Travelodge about 90% of the times I go. It's very clean, the location is great and the staff is extremely friendly and accomodating. I highly recommend it...just leave a room for me!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bergen County NJ
Reviewed June 23, 2004

I made a reservation at this hotel over the Internet and even received an email confirming my reservation. A month later, I received a phone call from the hotel manager (with a real NASTY attitude) telling me that my hotel reservation was invalid as I had put in the wrong year on my hotel reservations. She told me that I had put in the previous year's date. I didn't and the Travelodge email confirming my reservation didn't. Clearly the system just malfunctioned by overbooking and the manager decided it best to call people and pick on them. I found the experience to be distasteful, rude, and very poor business practice. She didn't call me to apologize, but to harass me! And it was their fault! If they can't honor a reservation, they shouldn't confirm it. Bottom line - Gettysburg has a multitude of lodging choices, many within walking distance of this place and I wouldn't spend my time or money at the Travelodge after this one experinece with them. Not

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member