“Why stay anywhere else?”

Inn at Cemetery Hill
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Gettysburgfan
“Why stay anywhere else?”
Reviewed July 14, 2008

Every trip I take to Gettysburg, I always stay at the Gettysburg Travelodge. The hotel and the rooms are always clean, the staff always friendly ( hats off to Casey), and the service always exceptional. During my last stay , there was a problem with noise coming from the room above me in the middle of the night, but the hotel graciously offered me a free night's stay during a future visit. The manager, Cheryl, went out of her way to make sure that I was otherwise happy and satisfied with my stay. I would never think of staying anywhere else in Gettysburg, and I always refer people to the Travelodge if they are planning a trip to Gettysburg. After all, why stay anywhere else?

• Liked — The staff and management, as well as the location.
  • Disliked — Not a thing.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
southern ohio
Reviewed July 6, 2008

this hotel was great! we could walk right outside our door and there was the town all around us, we only had to drive around to the battlefield, EVERYTHING else was in walking distance. The breakfast was very good. The walls were a little thin but it wasn't a problem and there wasn't a pool but there was so much to do in the town that we wouldn't have had time to swim anyway. In my opinion this was the perfect choice, it met the three C's Clean, Comfy and Convenient. When we go back to Gettysburg we will definitely be staying there again!

• Liked — it was very clean and the location couldn't have been better!
  • Disliked — the walls were a little thin and you could hear the people in the hall way but it wasn't that bad
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank young_couple_ohio
Richmond, VA
Reviewed June 24, 2008

My husband and I stay here at least once a year on our journeys to Gettysburg. I thought I would sumbit an updated review to let you know that we still recommend this hotel.

We arrived earlier than check-in on Friday. Our room wasn't ready (it was 11:30 a.m.), but they went ahead and let us do all the preliminary paperwork so that when we came back, they could just hand us the key. They also gave us a parking pass - a hot commodity in downtown historic Gettysburg. As we were leaving to go "kill some time", the front desk attendant noticed us putting our dog in the car to take with us and offered to let him stay with her if it would be easier for us. Now that's Dog Friendly!

We got back to check in and our room had not been inspected yet, so the manager personally went to check it. She came back to get a few cleaning supplies as the fridge had not been wiped out to her satisfaction. Our room had a private balcony which was really nice because our dog loved to sit out there and watch the world go by. The room was clean and tidy. The bathroom had been remodeled recently - the shower was very nice! We did have to ask for more towels and they asked us to come get them from the front desk. Also, their towels are far from big and fluffy but that's a minor inconveniece.

When we checked out, they wanted to inspect our room for any pet damage that may incur charges before we completed our check out. I think this is a great idea - nothing worse than getting home and finding some random charge. This has never happened to me, but I can't imagine this would be fun.

The front desk staff stressed to us that if we needed anything or had any issues, that we should contact them and they would be glad to help out. And reminded us that the front desk is staffed 24 hours a day and was there to help us!

The breakfast was satisfactory - nothing fancy, but the coffee was hot and fresh and the muffins were fresh and delicious. I'd rather see a well done, low key free breakfast, than a poorly done overly ambitious free breakfast. But that's just me.

We will continue to stay here when visiting Gettysburg. The prices are great, the rooms are clean and the staff is friendly and helpful!

• Liked — Cleanliness, Great Staff, Pet Friendliness
  • Disliked — fluffier towels would be nice.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
USA
Reviewed June 10, 2008

The Gettysburg Travelodge surpassed our expectations. The room was clean and comfortable, the check-in process was speedy and Cheryl, the General Manager was a gracious hostess, helping us find the “perfect” room with a balcony overlooking Steinwher Avenue! The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating, even leaving extra towels every day when we only asked once. Our original reservation was for 3 nights but we were enjoying Gettysburg so much that we extended our stay for an additional night. Again, the Travelodge staff came through, making sure we could stay in the same room. The only downside was the limited choice of their “Continental Breakfast”. We were disappointed to find no fresh fruit or yogurt, but Hunt’s, across Steinwher Avenue served a delicious breakfast (and lunch) that helped temper this small inconvenience. When we plan our next trip to Gettysburg, we will be staying at the Travelodge

• Liked — The balcony overlooking Steinwher
  • Disliked — Not such a good breakfast selection
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 12, 2008

Friends of ours were getting married and had blocked rooms off at the Travelodge. Rather than placing all of us in one area of the building, the scattered us throughout the hotel randomly. Therefore, when a group of us were in one room talking and waiting to see the bride and groom of on their honeymoon, after the wedding, our voices traveled. The people below us complained of the noise and the hotel choose to give them their two rooms for free. The next morning when we went to check out we found out that they had added their room cost to our bill without our knowledge until check out! When we confronted the lady on duty who claimed to be the manager, she appeared very young and acted in an unprofessional manor. She was unable to answer our questions and became very annoyed with us. More importantly, I simply asked for them to hold the additional charges until we spoke with the general manager, and until I made sure that the money was in my account. They processed it the next morning before we spoke to the general manager and before the banks were even opened! The ironic part is that my husband and I had blocked rooms there every summer for the past several years for our family reunioun, and had never had any complaints, nor caused any problems. When we spoke to the general manager, she was unwilling to remove or even compromise on the additional fees and had no problem losing our business. Not to mention the fact that we both work in Gettysburg at a restaurant and would never recommend this hotel to anyone again!

• Liked — location in Gettysburg, but there are many hotels in the area and price
  • Disliked — the service received and the lack of professionalism
  • Stayed May 2008
2 Thank walnuthead
vernon, nj usa
Reviewed February 22, 2008

In Oct 2007 we stayed 3 nights. On the first morning, I awoke covered with swollen painful & itchy bite marks all over. I did not know what they were, and did not know until I went home and saw my doctor, who said they were bedbugs. I had never been bitten before sleeping that first night in Travelodge. At the time I did not complain, as I was unaware of what was happening. Subsequently I had to have all my clothing dry cleaned, throw out suitcases, throw out my 2 yr old top-end king size mattress and boxspring, carpeting, and curtains. Then we had to have a professional exterminator come in, all to the tune of thousands of $$. When I called the manager of the hotel was very combative, stating this couldn't be happening, as it had never happened before. She then said my dog must have brought them from outside. I said that the bugs live in mattresses, not outside, and that people are the vectors. She then said that I must have brought them in! I said she needed to call an exterminator, but she refused, saying it was a "fact" that there were no bedbugs there. So if you want to have painful bites, then have to exterminate your home at the cost of thousands of dollars, then be blamed for the problem by a very rude woman, by all means stay here. The wise will avoid at all costs!

• Liked — close to historical site
  • Disliked — unclean
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank roznpearl
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2008

We stayed here for just the one night on our way thru to Florida. The hotel was average but it was located directly in the city next to the cemetary. The hotel is kind of noisey with the trucks driving thru the city but it is located in a good spot if you wanted to stay longer and explore the history of the area.
We plan on coming back to Gettysburg, not sure if we would stay here again....the Holiday Inn looks a lot nicer across the street!
If you do stay.....walk down to Tommy;s and order a pizza.....delicious!!!! Oh yeah, we also chose this hotel because it was pet friendly!!

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple