“Very nice, good location”

Hampton Inn Gettysburg
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very nice, good location”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My only complaint was breakfast. I stay at a lot of Hampton's so I know what they offer at breakfast. There only seemed to be about half the expected food out. It was busy, but not that busy. Things weren't running out, they were just never refilled. I stayed two nights and it was this way on both mornings. I just went to the local McDonalds instead. The hotel is just a few minutes to town and just a few minutes further to the battlefield. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Alliance, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I reserved two rooms: one of the children, and the other for my wife and myself. The staff made sure we had adjacent rooms, which was really important. My wife loved the spaciousness of the suite, and the kids enjoyed sleeping in the individual beds. The late checkout allowed the children the opportunity to use the pool, which they didn't pass up. All in all it was an excellent stay, and I'm looking forward to returning in the fall.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Grand Forks, North Dakota
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The room was very clean, cozy and comfortable. I'm a fanatic about hotels and cleanliness! If the room is not pristine and fresh smelling, I won't have a very good night's sleep. Hampton Inn is usually always my first choice because they wash the duvet covers for each customer and the rooms have always been spotless and fresh.

Delmar, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel was great. Neat location and minutes from the town square and battlefields. We enjoyed our visit to Gettysburg due to this hotel and it's information about the area. Having a clean facility and pleasant employees make our visiting experience quite a memorable one. We surely would stop at this location again when returning to the area.

doylestown, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Very clean, renovated, great complimentary breakfast. I typically only stay for business but would also stay for pleasure if my travels brought me to that location. Convenient check in easy access. Staff is helpful and accommodating. Room was quiet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Granbury, Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This Hampton Inn is not right downtown Gettysburg, and that was fine by us. Gettysburg is so small that everything is near downtown. Nice hotel with exceptional staff. Excellent place to stay. We thought it was too expensive, but I think everything in Gettysburg is. That was my only problem.

Niantic, Connecticut
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We called this hotel while still on the road to book our room and were happy to get our room on a busy weekend. When we got there we were thrilled, it was so nice, spacious and clean that we decided to stay an extra night and linger a while after driving on the road for days. The staff was friendly and courteous. The breakfast area was well supplied and well maintained, the pool and jacuzzi area was likewise, well maintained with plenty of towels. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family