“Enjoyable Stay -- Comfortable and Clean”

Hampton Inn Gettysburg
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Conway, South Carolina
“Enjoyable Stay -- Comfortable and Clean”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here before, and again, we were very happy with our accommodations this time around. The room was very clean and the beds very comfortable. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom, and the room has an excellent set-up for PC's and other electronics. The staff was friendly and helpful; the lady at the Front Desk obviously knew the area and gave us a great local recommendation for dinner. We highly recommend staying here if you're visiting the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Derry, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The rooms were so clean and the bed was amazingly comfortable! When I return to Gettysburg I will absolutely look at staying here again! I liked that it was right off the highway and an easy ride to down town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
United States
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton with some friends for a wedding in October. This location was one of the last places to have space available for the weekend we needed. This said we were not sure what to expect. We were greated by a very warm and friendly front desk recentionist who knew who we were without us having to tell her. The wedding was at 3:00pm so we asked for early check-in which they accomodated with no problems. Mary at the front desk was very informative giving us tips on places to visit, places to eat and even driving options to the Links at Gettysburg for the wedding. With no taxis or buses in the area, they went as far as to offer to pick us up from the wedding venue if we needed it. Breakfast the next morning of omletes, bacon, waffles, bagels, etc, etc.. was warm and delicious. Most importantly the room was so unbelievably clean, sheets were fresh and crisp, the bathroom bright, every inch felt clean and ready for us when we walked in. All in all a great visit and I will be staying there on my next visit to Gettysburg.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Albany, New York
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed at this Hampton for two nights while we visited the Gettysburg area. Stayed on fourth floor in a King bedroom using our Hilton Honors points so not sure what the actually rack rate would be. Room was very large and roomy with a large flat panel TV for evening relaxation, a wet bar having refrig and microwave; clean bath with plenty of towels. We were at the end of the hall away from elevators which put us over-looking the highway. A little traffic noise early Mon AM due to trucks but Tues AM was much quieter. Since the area is developing, perhaps some large equipment was being moved around that first morning. Hampton puts vending in its own "room" on the floor and the elevators made little noise. Of course, we were traveling during late September and there were few families, so the hallways were very quiet. However, how our bed was situated in relationship to the room door, I doubt we would hear much anyway. All the hotel staff we came in contact with were very friendly and gracious 'hosts' during our stay. Hampton breakfast offers hot & cold items along with very fresh fruit; it was very good. Hotel was only a short drive to Gettysburg National Military Park, downtown Gettysburg (if you want to park and walk around to visit shops and restaurants). There is a Ruby Tuesdays restaurant across the road from the hotel; food and service were very good. Walmart and a few other chain stores nearby in case you need any supplies. Hotel has an indoor pool and small whirlpool surrounded by glass on the backside of hotel; we didn't use it but walked past as it can be seen from the parking lot. Looked like a place where a family could unwind after a day of touring. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are traveling as a couple or as a family.

Room Tip: Upper floor (only 4 floors at this hotel), not overlooking the highway may be the most quiet if traf...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I had come up to spend a few days in Gettysburg and my hotel of choice was booked solid. I have never stayed in a Hampton Inn but my wife does so on a regular basis as a preference. We stayed four nights and it was a wonderful, wonderful experience. Room was very nice and very clean and the free breakfast was wonderful. The staff are second to none...the lady who works the front desk during the day was extremely helpful, friendly and customer oriented...a true pleasure. This will be the hotel I will stay at my next trip up.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cherry Hill, NJ
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I'm a Hampton Inn loyalist. I'm usually never disappointed by the rooms, the comfortable bed, or the breakfast. It's a five minute drive to historic downtown where you can easily find parking. and it's usually affordable unless there's an event in town - that's when the prices get ridiculously high, beyond $200 a room. I know rooms are scarce in town when there's a re-enactment, but you've got to be kidding me. It's a Hampton Inn, not the Ritz Carlton. But the plus side is the very friendly and informative staff. I've stayed here up to ten times, and they always say "welcome back." That's service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
North Carolina
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Hampton Inns generally do not disappoint and are wonderful traveling hotels. The staff in Gettysburg was especially nice, the room well appointed (we like the ones with mini fridges). Very clean, quiet and easy to find.

Room Tip: This Hampton Inn is one of the best ones.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple