“Perfect place to relax after shopping, sight seeing....”

Courtyard West Orange
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
Daytona Beach Florida
“Perfect place to relax after shopping, sight seeing....”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Just a short bus ride from NYC , the COURTYARD by Marriott of West Orange is nestled in the Orange Mountains. The hotel features wide inside corridors, updated comfortable public areas, an indoor pool, exercise room, work stations, lobby mini mart,(limited selections),coffee available in the lobby, outside gardens, gazebo, free parking.The rooms are well appointed.Each bed has a comforter,pillows, and the requisite strip of fabric across the bed! The work area is well lit, with spacious desk area. The rooms have a coffee maker,tea service and powdered milk .
The area boasts many local favorites. Including PALs CABIN...the best mushroom soup!
The RITZ DINER...try the apple pancake!...the EAGLE ROCK DINER..try the PIZZA BUrgEr!
Just across from the EAGLE ROCK DINER is the 9-11 MEMORIAL..a must see...as you view the NEW YORK CIty skyline,the empty space of the towers is a constant reminder of the horrific event. Down the 'hill' from the MEMORIAL is MAIN STREET WEST OrANGE...follow to the THOMAS EDISON MUSEUM. Mr Edison made his home in the LLEWELLYN PARK, a gated and private community.
The MANOR is a wonderful 'special event' location. Celebrate the end of summer at this swanky restaurant!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank shop4u18

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 9, 2010

this is a great place to be on the weekends when you want to go out of town but cant go that far. I loved this hotel, clean very comfortable and the staff is very accomodating.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
nj
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I stayed here for one night (I had booked three nights) when our power went out and was not expected to come on for several days. On day 2, my power came on and I went back to the hotel to check out around 3:30PM. They only charged me the room tax! My husband is an elite Marriott member so I am sure that help.

Room was clean. Front desk was friendly even though it was very busy because of the area wide power situation. Lobby was nice.

My only complaint would be is I could hear the people upstairs who must have had a toddler running back and forth. This surprised me because it is a relatively new hotel and you would think it would be more sound proof.

I would not hesitate to stay here again or send out of town family to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank franny19
Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 8, 2009

As always Marriott hotels never dissapoint us..we arrived late at night and even though we had reserved a room with a king bed and sofa bed the gentleman working that night was able to get us a double bed whic was perfect.. I can not say anything bad about this place just to be careful in the shower because the bathtub gets really slippery when wet..other than that, the kids got to enjoy the pool and I the whirpool...LOL..they were up by 8am when they heard there was a pool on site..great service guys...thank you

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2009

Front desk staff need to remember that every customer deserves to be greeted, every time they approach the desk. I could easily have walked away without paying for my pantry snack, unnoticed. It seemed to disturb this staff member that I interrupted her reading. Later, I came back to check out and was treated, not greeted, the same way. She said, "Didn't you get a bill under your door?". As a business traveler, I was hoping to split out my folio so room charges could be on a separate invoice. I decided not to bother. I was meeting friends at the bar, and they had no wine in stock. Not the fault of the staff, but they made no apologies- just said that they never got it in the delivery. When my room was cleaned, I was disturbed that they didn't vaccuum or change the coffee pot. Yesterday's bag was still in the machine. The carpet in the hall was never vaccummed during my stay. Musty smells, but I have allergies and thought I'm just hyper-sensitive. Viewing the other comments, I see I am not alone. Lastly, a different front desk clerk was taking a reservation over the phone, and clearly stated the room rate for the night I was staying. It was not military or AAA, but it was lower than my rate, and when I asked if I could get that rate extended to my stay, they said, "no- your rate is $, and this is what we charge". I'm a Marriott fan, so I hope this can be resolved so I can try this property again in the future.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank sailingsolo

Travelers are raving about these West Orange hotels

Washington DC
Reviewed February 11, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel in the past for business because it is close to where I need to be. I have seen some definite changes for the better in this hotel. The staff is friendlier and the cleanliness is getting better. It almost seems that they are listening to their guests now and doing something better. I will return to this area and check them out again.

• Liked — Close to my business
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
phil.
Reviewed January 20, 2009

The bathroom was covered in mold and the wall paper was falling off. The room smelled bad. When we moved to another room the odor was the same. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling ill from the mold.

Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford
Hampton Inn & Suites Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk

Been to Courtyard West Orange? Share your experiences!