“Restaurant with beautiful view” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Highlawn Pavilion

Highlawn Pavilion
Reserve with OpenTable
Highlawn Pavilion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 96 Restaurants in West Orange
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prospect Avenue
Miami, Florida
“Restaurant with beautiful view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

The food was good and the prices reasonable. The only thing I was displeased about was that my salmon was undercooked. My friend ordered the same and hers was coked medium. When I asked the waiter to cook my dish a bit more, he said, "We always cook it medium" It happened to be cooked rare so he should not have said anything.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Linda R

Summit, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This used to be my favorite restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Went with a party of 4 last night for a Birthday celebration. The place was beautiful as usual, service was impeccable. The food was average, though presentment was very nice. It was disappointing.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Japan
“Very Nice Luncheon!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Went to the Highlawn Pavilion for the first time with friends to celebrate a birthday. I'd never been before and found the building itself stunning. I didn't use the valet parking, but easily found a spot. Met my friends and went inside to be shown to our table, which was situated between the lovely bar and the beautiful view of NYC. The wait staff were very knowledgeable and courteous. Also very patient with our group of ladies. 2 bowls of breads and butter were brought to the table while we ordered drinks and waited for the rest of our party. Everyone enjoyed their meal. I'm not sure what everyone ordered but I had the open faced smoked salmon sandwich. It was delicious! I don't think I've had a better salmon sandwich, ever! A few desserts were ordered and passed around the table. All were delightful. The waiter even brought a slice of cake with a lit candle in it, for the birthday lady! The dress code appears to be business casual. The Highlawn is a very upscale place, worth every penny.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PaceJapan
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Dinner on July 4th, and had a great meal with a clear view of New York, and the eastward towns.
Lots of fireworks were seen from this vantage point, and a delicious meal besides.
Prices a little high, but well worth it.
Dress is neat casual, with most of the men in jackets, and the ladies in nice evening attire.
Good to go to a nice restaurant where the patrons were not dressed in jeans and polo shirts.
Highly recommended for the food, service, and atmosphere.
You will not be disappointed.

New York City, New York
“Eats With A View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I went with friends here to see the 911 Memorial which looks out on a spectacular view of Manhattan. I noticed a Bride and Groom with their wedding party going into the Highlawn. We wound up having a lite dinner in their outside area. Both the food and service was good. A pleasant dinner with a view!

Visited September 2013