“Very Nice Luncheon!”
Review of Highlawn Pavilion

Highlawn Pavilion
Reserve with OpenTable
Highlawn Pavilion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in West Orange
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prospect Avenue
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Went to the Highlawn Pavilion for the first time with friends to celebrate a birthday. I'd never been before and found the building itself stunning. I didn't use the valet parking, but easily found a spot. Met my friends and went inside to be shown to our table, which was situated between the lovely bar and the beautiful view of NYC. The wait staff were very knowledgeable and courteous. Also very patient with our group of ladies. 2 bowls of breads and butter were brought to the table while we ordered drinks and waited for the rest of our party. Everyone enjoyed their meal. I'm not sure what everyone ordered but I had the open faced smoked salmon sandwich. It was delicious! I don't think I've had a better salmon sandwich, ever! A few desserts were ordered and passed around the table. All were delightful. The waiter even brought a slice of cake with a lit candle in it, for the birthday lady! The dress code appears to be business casual. The Highlawn is a very upscale place, worth every penny.

1  Thank PaceJapan

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Dinner on July 4th, and had a great meal with a clear view of New York, and the eastward towns.
Lots of fireworks were seen from this vantage point, and a delicious meal besides.
Prices a little high, but well worth it.
Dress is neat casual, with most of the men in jackets, and the ladies in nice evening attire.
Good to go to a nice restaurant where the patrons were not dressed in jeans and polo shirts.
Highly recommended for the food, service, and atmosphere.
You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I went with friends here to see the 911 Memorial which looks out on a spectacular view of Manhattan. I noticed a Bride and Groom with their wedding party going into the Highlawn. We wound up having a lite dinner in their outside area. Both the food and service was good. A pleasant dinner with a view!

3  Thank jeremy t
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Myself and two colleagues had a challenging week, so chose to go here and hope we would not feel out of place with our rather casual clothing. We didn't. We sat outside on a gorgeous evening with the best view I have seen for a long time. The memorial to 911 makes this area feel slightly surreal. Back to the restaurant. We could only order bar food from outside, but it was exceptional. The crab martini was awesome. Sliders were a little average. Service was a little slow, as there did not appear to be enough waiters for the number of people on the patio. Although our waiter tried to be professional, he was stressed and we had to call him over a couple of times for items that were requested but not delivered to the table.
However, I am not complaining. Just being there on a summer's evening with a great wine choice was what was needed. I will return - maybe a little better dressed and try the restaurant next time.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Classy, chic, formal venue with spectacular city views. Ask for a seat by the window or request the patio in the spring and summer. Great piano bar. The food is hit or miss, but you're paying for the view. It's romantic yet family friendly & perfect for celebrations.

They let us order the Shellfish Plateau in the dining room even though it is only on the bar menu, and I highly recommend it. The grilled octopus, the steak tartare, and the salmon are all tasty.

Jackets required for men. Valet parking.

There is a beautiful 9/11 Memorial to the right of the entrance and it is worth stopping by beforehand. The perfect picture opportunities abound as they have outdoor weddings to the left of the entrance.

It is an MGO (must go once). If it is too expensive for dinner, you can opt for their more reasonable lunch.

3  Thank Luvs2TravelAnywhere