“Perfect for stay after Wedding!”

The Wilshire Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
New Jersey
“Perfect for stay after Wedding!”
Reviewed December 20, 2009

We booked the Wilshire Hotel as our accommodation for our out of town guests as well as anyone who wanted to stay following our wedding at the Highlawn Pavilion located in West Orange, NJ. The hotel was very accommodating and made everything perfect for our special event! All of our guests commented on how beautiful, elegant, and updated the hotel was and how clean the rooms were. If you are planning a wedding and need a hotel this is the place to pick!

Stayed November 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
New Jersey
Reviewed December 8, 2009

My Name is Nick Lemma and I Ran an "All" Years Reunion for West Orange Mountain Rams in "The Loft" at The Wilshire Grand in West Orange, NJ .... I will say The Staff from booking the Reunion to Setting up The Rooms for those who were staying overnight.... Simply Stated "Just Perfect"......
Everything went so well That each and every person that attended and stayed overnight has e-mailed me and thanked me over and over for a wonderful job done with the event.... I must Thank the Staff at The Wilshire for making me such a Hero for the wonderful time everyone had.
Special Thanks to Bill and Ed for helping out on such short notice. You guys really came thru in a pinch.
Special Thanks to Nelsy for putting the Rooms together for all of those responsible Alumni's that decided to stay overnight instead of getting behind the wheel after having such a great time. Also Thank You Nelsy for staying on top of things as I may have been a pain checking in every couple of days to see if any rooms opened up for others.... I Owe You.....
I can't Forget Jackie for being so patient as No one wanted to go home.... Like I said before, The night was "Just Perfect" NL

• Stayed November 2009
NJ
Reviewed December 3, 2009

We got married at the Wilshire Grand. We had a lot of out of town guests and decided it would be best to have everything all in a hotel. This hotel fit all of our needs. The Wilshire Grand Caterers did a fantastic job met all of my requests. The food was fantastic, the staff was attentive, they made all of my wishes come true and everyone had a fabulous time! The hotel was equally great! The staff was friendly, the rooms were large and the whole place was very clean. The Wilshire Grand gave us our dream wedding and we couldn't thank them enough!

D.C.
Reviewed October 24, 2009

We took 60 rooms at the Wilshire Grand for a family event. The staff were friendly, helpful and professional, the rooms clean, the breakfasts very nice and the ability to have a small hotel where we could visit with friends and family was fantastic. The location was excellent. Having the catering facility down the hall was a necessary plus for us and their food and service were excellent. The Primivera Restaurant,located on the premises, not only has excellent food and service but our guests took advantage of the bar area and that was fun too. Housekeeping took a little too long to clean the rooms but they were really clean. The front office manager took care of our limo service -transporting all of our guests on time in both directions. Customer service is a priority at this hotel. I really enjoyed the ambiance and the opportunity to visit with family and friends at this boutique hotel.

nj
Reviewed October 16, 2009

We had 120 guests at our class reunion held at the wilshire we also had a block of rooms for the out of towners it was great working with Nelsy she always returned my emails and answered my questions Everybody truly enjoyed our 30 yr reunion and cant wait to do it again, the hotel was beautiful and clean and the breakfast was great

ATL/LA/FL
Reviewed October 4, 2009

We stayed at the Wilshire Grand because our wedding was held at the venue attached. I have to say that the wedding was phenominal and I have nothing bad to say about the Wilshire Grand Caterers.
The HOTEL on the other hand, I have a mile long list of complaints. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. The only reason I would recommend this hotel would be if your wedding is being held next door it is convenient to not have to drive anywhere.
We had the BRIDAL suite for the whole weekend and we had many guests that were supposed to be coming down for the weekend from all over the world. We made a mistake and waited too long to book some of the rooms for our guests past our cut off. Therefore, the hotel released our held rooms to the public. When we tried to book the rooms we were lied to by hotel management who told us the hotel was sold out for the weekend. Every time we called we were told that they were sold out for the weekend. It turned out that they were NOT sold out but simply didnt want to honor the wedding rates for our rooms and therefore lied to us so we wouldnt make a fuss.
When we tried to check in on Friday at after FOUR pm (when check in is at 3) we had to wait for our room for 30 minutes. We had another guest there who was staying Fri through Mon who had to wait for his room for TWO hours, even though it was after the check in time of 3pm.
On Saturday morning we left our room for some hours and returned early afternoon to find out our BRIDAL SUITE has not bee cleaned. Some great service for the bride and groom. When we called the front desk we were told that housekeeping is leaving at 4 and they can only clean the room now. I mentioned to them that now is NOT a good time because we came back to the room to rest before our rehearsal dinner. The staff was far less than even remotely accomodating. When I contacted one of the managers with my disappointment she actually rectified the situation, arranged for the cleaning and even delivered some goodies to the room to try and make up for the situation. This manager would actually be the number 2 reason I would recommend the hotel because she did go above and beyond and was very helpful.
We left the hotel with a sour taste in our mouth mainly for the above 2 mentioned reasons among others.

• Stayed September 2009
washington, dc
Reviewed September 14, 2009

I used the Wilshire Grand for my wedding hotel block (I got married at Crystal Plaza in Livingston, NJ, not far from the hotel). They were absolutely wonderful!! Nelsy, who works at the Wilshire, helped me every step of the way. She gave me suggestions on who could do my hair and makeup the day of the wedding. She also helped me arrange shuttles to and from the Wilshire Grand to my wedding venue (which were free of charge and ran perfectly)!! The rooms were spotless and gorgeous, we even had a jacuzzi in our complimentary room the night of the wedding!!!

In addition, the hotel provides free breakfast in the mornings. As I had messed up the times for brunch for the day after my wedding, Nelsy accomodated me and extended the hours for the free breakfast in the lobby.

We had our rehearsal dinner at the hotel, and they were amazing! They even used the leftovers from our rehearsal dinner for our after party at the hotel bar.

I could not ask for more from a hotel. I was very pleased.

• Stayed July 2009
The Madison Hotel
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 5 in Morristown
Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield

Been to The Wilshire Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!