The Wilshire Grand Hotel
$249
Residence Inn
Garden Plaza Hotel(West Orange)
$113
$99
Hotels.com
Courtyard West Orange(West Orange)
$159
$143
Courtyard
Ramada East Orange(East Orange)
$76
$54
Travelocity
$131
CrownePlaza.com
All reviewsfront deskprimaverabridal suitebagelswedding weekendcomplimentary breakfastfirst floorthe hotel staffsales managerroom blocklarge bathroomwilshire grandwedding guestshighly recommend this hotelwonderful hotelcocktail hournew jersey
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I booked a King size Jacuzzi bed for a VDay weekend. It was just a great deal, pink champagne, roses delivered to the room, dinner for 2 all inclusive (including gratuity). It really was a no stress, upscale and classy environment. And I liked the privately owned status of the hotel, because it's less commercialized and more personable. Hotel staff was very accommodating, our toilet was overflowing but it was taken care of right away without hassle. The Jacuzzi bedroom is the perfect spot for any couple wishing to get away. I would definitely book again if around the area; has been my best hotel experience in NJ.

-Haider R.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi for 2 in the bedroom. Can't beat it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Seifer822
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Seifer822,

Thank you for your terrific guest review. I am so happy to hear that you like the idea of our independent status. My partners are all local businessmen that thrive on taking care of our customers and I believe we do it well. Anyone staying with us needs to know that we do own & operate our hotel independently. We focus on service and taking care of our guest. There is no lip service here my friend, we really appreciate that you noticed! Please feel free to contact me in the future on your next trip so I may have the opportunity to set you up with a very special amenity for your loyalty.

Very Much Appreciated,

Ed Reagoso, General Manager

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I live in northwest NJ.
We had a family affair to attend on Saturday 2/9 in the West Orange area.
With the forecast of snow, I made a reservation for the Wilshire Grand for Friday 2/8.
All over their website, and on the order form, they clearly state that all reservations for a Friday need to be cancelled 72 hours in advance, but I felt that it was a good risk to take, and went ahead and made the reservation.
The snowstorm turned out to be Nemo, and on Friday, the day of the reservation, it became clear that there would be no way that we should take the risk to try and drive to the Wilshire.
With great trepidation,I called the front desk to cancel the reservation for that evening, and requested that I not be charged for the reservation.
The person that answered was very professional, told me that it would not be a problem, and cancelled the reservation without charging me. He did not need to speak to a ,manager and just took care of it, exactly what a great customer-oriented hotel should do.
So although I did not have the pleasure of staying there, I am extremely impressed with their customer service, and hope to one day in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hermsherm
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Hermsherm,

Thank you for recognizing how different our attitude is about business and our commitment to "do the right thing" compared to our competitors. Not many hotels will in fact cancel a reservation with no fee when the policy is as stringent as ours is on weekends, particularly if a state of emergency is not declared by the state of New Jersey. We've heard the horrors and yes, my team is always at liberty to sway from policy if it's about safety & guest service so thanks again for noticing. Do call me for your next reservation so I may have the opportunity to upgrade you to our best available accommodations on your next trip!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Checked in for a 1 night stay before going to Manhatten. Room was clean, spacious, and gorgeous. One of the best hotels I have stayed at and the value put it over the top. If your looking for a nice hotel close to the city try this over the overpriced, tiny manhatten hotels.

Stayed: January 2013

Dear Geoff M,

Thanks so much for posting your terrific review on TripAdvisor. We feel the same way about the value of our product and we're just delighted to see it memorialized by our guests. We also have free shuttle service to South Orange & Montclair Train Stations when scheduled in advance with our front office. This is a quick and cheap way to get to Manhattan from the hotel. Please drop by and say hello on your next trip so I may thank you in person for becoming a "Big Fan."

Ed Reagoso, General Manager

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went there for a wedding & spent the night. the place was beautiful the food out of this world. The staff was great. The breakfast the next morning was unreal eggs, waffles that you make for yourself bagels muffins oatmeal fruits coffee you name it they had it.I would recommend this place highly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Esther M,

Thank you so much for the terrific review that you posted. I know this may sound overused but we truly do appreciate anyone that stayed with us taking the time to post their review on TripAdvisor. We use these reviews in daily meetings as well as for training and we will continue to strive to be the very best in the area. Thank you so much for participating in our review process and acknowledging our effort!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have stayed at the Wilshire twice now in the last three months while on business in the NJ area. The hotel is excellent, the staff professional and personable. I highly recommend you consider the Wilshire. Jack from Texas

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jack G,
On your next trip please stop by and introduce yourself. I would appreciate the opportunity to thank you personally for the terrific review you posted on TripAdvisor. We happen to think TripAdvisor is the best! Every guest stay is verified so you can always guarantee that their reviews are by real guests that stayed at your hotel. Your time is much appreciated and we anxiously wait to serve you again!