“Our Wedding At The Wilshire Grand Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Nelsy at the Wilshire bent over backwards to accommodate us. From the moment I contacted them I felt at ease. We had around 10 rooms blocked off for us along with our bridal suite, which was beautiful! Everyone who stayed was pleased as well. We had a timing issue where hair and makeup needed to be started before actual checkin and without hesitation Nelsy provided us with an offices space with snacks and drinks and we were as comfortable as could be! She let us know the moment our suite was ready and got us all set up in there. My husband loved the room and everything was perfect with rose petals for us when we got back. Thank you to Nelsy and to the Wilshire for making our special day that much more special!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Dear Casey C,

Congratulations on being a new bride! Thank you so much for sharing your terrific comments on TripAdvisor. We believe the special touches that we provide set us apart from our "cookie cutter - branded" competitors. We have been rated # 1 in West Orange since February 2008 by TripAdvisor guests. I am so delighted that we will share in the fond memories of your wedding. I will be sure also to thank Nelsy personally for her care & consideration, she is an integral part of our team and I thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know just how we did.

Thank you very much!

Ed Reagoso, General Manager & Operating Member

Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband and I just spent one night at the Wilshire grand for a wedding. It was great! Very convenient, big rooms, very clean, nice breakfast buffet! Would definitely recommend for a wedding.

• Stayed: October 2011
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Dear MissyH113,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. At a time when most are "justifiably" demanding more for their dollar we don't always hear the good things. We often hear what's not perfect. Your comments are truly appreciated and they will be used in staff meetings for ongoing training for all of our departments and staff members. Thank you for your patronage and loyalty.

Ed Reagoso, General Manager

Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Wilshire on our wedding night and had a wonderful experience! Nelsy Payano helped us throughout the wedding preparation and she was an enormous help and very patient with us.

With regards to the room, it was very clean and totally exceed our expectations. Better yet, we received complimentary champagne and a vase of roses. We felt that was a very nice touch. We will definitely be recommending the Wilshire to all of our friends and family.

Thank you Wilshire for a truly memorable experience!

Kathy and Jason Levoy

Room Tip: The bridal suite was awesome!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Kathy and Jason,

I am delighted that my staff & I had such a positive impact on your terrific wedding. Our ability to exceed your expectations is truly what we preach with our team very day. I believe this is the reason we remain # 1 in Ranking in our market with the discerning TripAdvisor guests that stay with us. We so appreciate your comments and I will be sure to pass them on to our staff, especially Nelsy, who strives to insure every bride & grooms' expectations are fulfilled & that we're fondly remembered well beyond the first anniversary.

Congratulations to you both and Thank You!

Reviewed October 3, 2011

We were there for a wedding and were impressed. The room was very clean with nice furnishings. Well trained staff. Beautiful function room. Good complimentary breakfast, too.

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear LabsNH,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are a small boutique hotel and a locally owned business that lives completely on our reputation. We like to put our best foot forward and believe that we do it well. It's interesting to note that TripAdvisor guests have voted us # 1 in West Orange since February 2008. A interesting factoid considering we're up against some very well known, brand name hotel products. We like to consider it a "David & Goliath" story. I appreciate your very positive comments and I will be sure to share them with the staff for ongoing training & morale boosting.

We Remain, At your service,

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Our son's wedding was scheduled for the Sunday of Hurricane Irene. Graciously, the hotel offered to change the date to Tuesday. They called people who were scheduled to be at the hotel for the wedding to see if they wanted to change their reservation. Some people made reservations because they knew of the upcoming hurricane and wanted to avoid problems. These people were warned of the 72 hr cancellation period which could become problematic but it didn't because the hotel refunded everyone's money. Someone told they had to do that in the end, but nevertheless, they did it graciously. The rooms were nice, although not too large, but certainly good enough. I thought their toiletry offerings were large and the people at the desk were helpful. They offered popcorn and some snacks at check in which was a nice touch. Their free breakfast which is part of the charge was OK. You get enough food. Not the greatest choices but good enough. We have another affair coming up soon that is a few blocks away and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The caterer also did a fine job with putting together a kosher, dairy wedding. Food was done well and the rooms used are very attractive.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Dear Guest,

Your kind comments are truly appreciated. I am delighted that you and your guests appreciate that we did the right thing in spite of any "guarantee" policy that may be in place. We sustained some real property damage here including several downed trees, roof tears, and some minor flooding in our hotel basement. All minor considering what happened in many towns nearby. We are a small, local business. One with a heart and roots to the area with family & friends nearby. We don't report to some faceless corporation that makes decisions and tells us how to do business from 1500 miles away, we are local owner/operators and we'll always do the right thing. I so appreciate you letting other interested parties know how we did during those few, very wet days. Thank you!

Edward Reagoso, general manager

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Today I attended a seminar in the Grand Ballroom. Though I didn't stay at the hotel, I found it to be very clean, shiny floors and tastefully decorated.
At the Primavera restaurant my friends and I shared the Lemon Sole which was delicious!. house salad was crisp and fresh with balsamic vinegriette and escarole/bean soup was scrumptious. One dish we didn't care for was the mushroom soup. It was pureed and nothing special.
The hotel is very easy to get to....just 4 traffic lights from Route 280 exit 7.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I stayed here with my family for a wedding nearby. The beds are very comfortable and the manager graciously handled a special request. They could have maybe has a couple more fitness machines but the gym was cool and had a fridge full of complimentary water bottles! Nice hotel a little expensive but not for what you're getting.

• Stayed: September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your positive experience with us on Trip Advisor. We have been # 1 in West Orange as voted by Trip Advisor guests since February 2008. We wear this proudly and I personally appreciate your taking the time to not only post how we did but to add pictures as well! My gosh, I should put you on our sales payroll! All kidding aside, we don't pretend or profess to be perfect but we'll keep trying. Your comments will be used to build our staff confidence and show that that we deserve the rating we've achieved and earned over the past three consecutive years!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Orange
#2 of 5 in Morristown
The Kenilworth Hotel
The Kenilworth Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kenilworth

Been to The Wilshire Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!